Welcome to Arizona Lutheran Academy Athletic Registration. ALA is excited to launch online sports registration for our families and players - no more paperwork!
All parents/guardians and their student-athletes must complete the following information to gain clearance before the first day of tryouts and/or practice. Only cleared players are eligible to participate. Electronic signatures are considered legally binding and must be completed by the student-athlete and parent/guardian over the age of 18.
To be cleared for participation, the following documents must be provided as well – upload the files within this registration (when prompted). Please print the forms from the links at the right.
1. 2019-2020 AIA Annual Pre-participation Physical Evaluation for Physicians, Parents & Students NOTE: PAGE 3 REQUIRES A PARENT, ATHLETE, & PHYSICIAN SIGNATURE. PAGE 4 REQUIRES A PHYSICIAN SIGNATURE.
2. Proof of Medical Insurance Each athlete must have proof of insurance. Please upload, at the prompts below, a photocopy of your current health insurance card, front and back. If an athlete does not have insurance, accident insurance must be purchased. Accident insurance is available at www.studentinsurance-kk.com. The parent must provide this proof of insurance; the insurance company cannot release this information to the school.
3. Birth Certificate Each athlete must have a copy of their birth certificate on file in the front office. If you have turned this in to the office, this step is complete.
4. Concussion Course Certificate (Brainbook) NEW athletes must also complete an online course about concussions at www.aiaacademy.org/brainbook. This is good for all four years. See below for instructions.
Participation fees need to be paid online or paid in person at the office by the following deadlines. You will be directed to ALA online payments at the end of this registration.
1. Fall sports (football, volleyball, cross country & cheer) - August 23, 2019
2. Winter sports (basketball, soccer, wrestling & cheer) - November 22, 2019
3. Spring sports (baseball, softball, track & golf) - February 28, 2020
Should you require assistance with this form, please call FamilyID's help desk at (781) 205-2800 ext. 1 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Live support is available for our families 7 days a week.
Has your player completed their Brainbook Concussion Course?
1. Go to https://aiaacademy.org/ and click on “Brainbook” and then “register as student.”
2. Fill in all the required information on the registration page and make sure you remember your username and password. Submit your registration.
3. You will be directed back to the login page. Login using your username and password and begin the course.
4. The concussion course is meant to educate you about the symptoms of concussions, make you aware of the dangers and encourage you to alert teammates and coaches if you think you may have suffered a concussion. The course is a series of statements, questions and videos that help you learn.
5. There is a pretest that is not graded. Don’t be overly concerned about any answers or reactions being wrong. Nothing is graded until the final quiz.
6. When you reach the end of the course, you will take a quiz. You must pass with 80%. If you do not pass on the first try, you will continue to take it as many times as necessary until you pass.
7. Print the certificate that shows you completed the course and upload it within this registration. If you have any questions regarding the course, please contact Coach Peter at 602-268-8686 ext. 19 or Peter@ALAcoyotes.org.