Welcome to the 2021 Summer Program of the Greenwich Public Schools. Due to the impact of COVID-19 on our district’s education, this year’s Summer School program will offer Five Acceleration courses for middle school students as well as an ELA program for invited students only.
- MATHEMATICS: Bridge to Math 6A
- MATHEMATICS: Bridge to Pre-Algebra 7
- MATHEMATICS: Bridge to Algebra 8
- MATHEMATICS: Middle School Algebra 1
- MATHEMATICS: Middle School Geometry
In addition, Bridge to Math 6A TEST ONLY, Bridge to Pre-Algebra 7 TEST ONLY, and Bridge to Algebra 8 TEST ONLY are provided for those students desirous of taking these tests in early August.
Maya Angelou once said “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” So if your child needs to “know better” then help them do better. Follow up with the registration below.
1. Registration begins May 2021 and is online through Family ID. All registration will be processed on a first-come basis. Course title, description, type and tuition fees may be found in the brochure. If you have any doubts regarding the selection of courses, please confer with a school counselor or your child’s principal/house administrator before enrolling. You can find the link on the summer school website at http://www.greenwichschools.or...
2. All students must register at their May 2021 grade levels except where otherwise noted in the brochure.
3. You will receive an email receipt from Family ID when you have registered your child and we have received the tuition payment. If the registration is incomplete, your registration will not be processed, and you will be notified by email. You will be notified via email if a course is over- or under-subscribed. Otherwise, assume your registration has been accepted. GPS Summer School reserves the right to cancel a course at any time before classes begin. If a course is canceled, the student will receive a full refund.
4. No student will be registered without payment in full. Credit card payment can be processed with registration on the Family ID website or obtain a certified bank check or money order payable to TOWN OF GREENWICH sent to the GPS Summer School Office, 290 Greenwich Ave, Greenwich, CT 06830. No refunds will be issued unless a class is canceled. NO PERSONAL CHECKS OR CASH ARE ACCEPTED.
IMPORTANT DATES: The Summer Program is in session from Tuesday, July 6th through Friday, August 6, 2021. Each course has its own specific dates, hours and schedule. Please note the dates/hours of your child's course when you register.
HOURS AND LOCATION: Central Middle School
TUITION: Tuition varies with the length of the course. There will be no charge for textbooks or supplies except as noted. Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. In addition, nonresidents pay a fee of $50 for EACH course. Remit payment online via credit card on Family ID or mail certified bank check or money order to “Town of Greenwich.” The operational plans for the summer school programs are based on the number of students enrolled by Friday, June 25, 2021. After this date, we cannot guarantee placement. NO PERSONAL CHECKS OR CASH ARE ACCEPTED.
REFUND POLICY: In the event a course is canceled due to insufficient enrollment, students will be refunded the entire registration fee. No refunds will be made for courses unless the course is canceled. Early registration is encouraged to avoid course cancellation.
CONDUCT: All school conduct codes for the regular school year are in effect during the summer session.
FINAL REPORT CARDS: Final report cards will be posted on the last day of summer school. Students with a material debt will not receive a final report card until all obligations are met.
ADMINISTRATION: The Summer School Site Supervisor exercises administrative and supervisory control of Summer School.