Hello Marching Band & Color Guard Members!
It’s time to begin assembling the 2021 SHS Marching Black Knights! The marching band is a competitive ensemble that meets after school during September and October. Membership is open to students entering grades eight through twelve. This year the band will be performing NEW YORK, NEW YORK, a show featuring the music of Stevie Wonder, Frank Sinatra, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys and Jay Z! The band plans to compete in three circuits: The New England Scholastic Band Association, The Massachusetts Instrumental Choral Conductors Association, and the United States Band Association.
Joining the Band or Color Guard
You are eligible to be a member of the SHS Marching Band or Color Guard if you are a high school musician and academically eligible. Incoming seventh- and eighth-grade students are also invited to participate through a special invitation from the OMS music faculty. NO AUDITION IS REQUIRED! Students who wish to participate in this competitive marching band must complete this membership commitment form
The 2021 Fall Marching Band Schedule
A detailed calendar of dates & times will be provided in the beginning of August so students/parents can schedule accordingly. The competitive season ends on October 30th, 2021. Information and updates will be posted on http://www.stoughtonfinearts.o... and http://www.stoughtonbands.org throughout the season.
- Learn To March (LTM) Day: Friday, August 13th, 5:30pm-8:30pm, mandatory for all new marchers
- Summer Band Camp: Aug. 16 - 19 (Mon-Thur, 2-9pm), Aug. 20 (Fri, 12-2:30pm), Aug. 21 (Sat, 9am-8pm), and Aug. 23-26 (Mon-Thur, 2-9pm)
- Fall Rehearsals: Tuesdays (5:30-8:30pm), Thursdays (5:30-8:30pm), some Saturdays (9-1pm)
- Home football games & Thanksgiving game & town parades.
- "Sponsor-a-thon" Rehearsal, followed by Family & Friends Show & Annual Cookout
- 7 Competitions on Saturdays or Sundays, beginning September 25th (approximately 1 per week)
As part of your registration for marching band, you will be supplying important medical information and confirming that both student and parent/guardian have reviewed mandatory information about concussions and head trauma. Please review the following important documents on this topic:
You will also have the opportunity to upload a physical exam from your family doctor. If this document is not available to upload at this time, you may skip this step but you must provide a copy of your physical exam to the SHS nurse's office before the first day of Band Camp in order to be eligible for Marching Band!!!