Summer Arts @ Home 2020
Here at Summer Arts @ Home we believe summer should be filled with ways to think differently! It should be messy! And it should definitey be FUN! It's a good thing that arts education has it all. We have brought together the best talents of many of our amazing teachers to share their skills, their knowledge and even some of their secrets!
Knowing that this summer will be different for many families, we designed this summer program with parents and flexible schedules in mind.
Buy a week, work through the projects and supporting content on your own pace. During the heat of the summer days we have projects for inside. Want to get outside and challenge your kids, try the Adventure Program! Missing the ceramics studio? Our kilns will be fired up this summer, so just pick up clay and glaze, and drop off finished work at the end of the week! Do you want your kid to Zoom with an art teacher instead of rely on you? Join our weekly live sessions.
Affordable, flexible, and creative, there is so much to do and learn, so make Summer Arts @ Home part of your summer of fun!
DATES and THEMES:
- Week 1: July 6-10 - Theme: Make, Build, Create - Art Explorers
- Week 2: July 13-17 - Theme: Weird, Wild, and Wacky Ways to Make Art!
- Week 3: July 20-24 - Theme: Art IS All Around!
- Week 4: July 27-31 - Theme: Nature Is An Artist’s Inspiration!
- Week 5: August 3-7 - Theme: WATER WEEK!
- Week 6: August 10-14 - Theme: Artist + Engineer = Cool Ideas!
- Week 7: August 17-21 - Theme: Fantasy Week - Tales and Stories Inspired
- Week 8: August 24-28 - Theme: Mixed BAG - All the Best from Weeks 1-7!
Each week includes art activities that are designed specifically for ages
5-9yrs (K-3rd grade) and 10-14yrs (4th-8th grade).
OPTIONS and AVG. HOURS:
OPTION 1: "Treasure Box": 10 lesson hours* (5hrs per age group), includes activities, worksheets, some context, instructions, and materials lists - $75 per household
- (Coming Soon!) OPTION 1M: Materials Kit Add-on: Everything you will need to complete the treasure box projects for the week. Boxed up and available for pickup at The Umbrella - Price TBD, per household
- OPTION 2: Ceramics Special: 2 lesson hours* (1hr. per age group), includes clay, glaze, firing services - $60 per student
- OPTION 3: Art Adventure Program: 4 lesson hours* (2hr per age group), includes, community projects, outdoor challenges, treasure hunts, adventure prompts - $40 per household
- (Coming Soon!) OPTION 4: Live Online Teacher Lead Sessions: 1 lesson hour*, includes teacher lead activity, Q&A from the Artist, extra help, and lots of inspiration - $15 per student
- OPTION 5: Cartooning Afternooning: 1 lesson hour*, for ages 7-12yrs, includes the ability to join that week's live video catooning workshop, scheduled for Tuesdays of each week at 4:00-5pm. - $25 per student.
* Lesson Hours: The estimated average amount of time required to complete activities, whether self-guided or interactive.