Milton High School Rowing
The Spring Season requires no previous rowing experience. Rowers will learn the rowing stroke while developing leadership skills and teamwork. Rowers will challenge themselves physically and mentally within a strong team environment. Rowers practice five or six times per week and attend several weekend regattas.
Please carefully READ and COMPLETE the following. Failure to do so may put your participation in the program and racing in any regattas at risk.
In order to register for the Spring Season, you must complete the following steps:
- Sign up here on Family ID
- Upload a completed swim test found here. New rowers only.
- Complete and upload NFHS Concussion Course Certificate found here.
- Upload copy of a current physical (within 13 months)
- Watch the USRowing Safety Video, found here.
- Sign the USRowing Waiver found here
- Agree to the Friends of Milton Crew Code of Conduct found here
- Sign the SafeSport Policy found here
- Sign the Medical Release
- Pay $700.00 though Family ID
Please note all registration forms must be completed by March 16, 2020 in order to participate at practice. These items are required to ensure safety and compliance with governing associations. Thank you for your cooperation.
The season starts on March 16th and finishes on May 29th. Practice will usually be held after school from 3:15 to 5:30pm. This may change based on the coach’s schedule, the tide or weather. Weekend schedules will be determined by tide and the regatta schedule. Your coach will communicate practice information at the start of the season. Practice locations include Milton High School (balcony & weight room), Milton Yacht Club (25 Wharf St.) with the potential of travel to other rowing facilities in the beginning of the season and during low tides practices.
First day of practice:
Monday, March 16th– Meet at the MHS Erg Balcony at 3:30pm
Tentative Regatta Schedule: Mark your calendars now!
- Saturday 04/04/2020 Erg-a-thon
- Saturday 04/18/2020 Bancroft, Worcester, WA, Medford
- Saturday 04/25/2020 Bay View, Duxbury, Valley Regional
- Sunday 05/03/2020 Founders Day
- Sunday 05/10/2020 Lowell Invitational
- Saturday 05/16/2020 Mayor's Cup
- Saturday 05/23/2020 NEIRA
- Sunday 05/24/2020 MPSRA
Cancellation of practice
We practice outdoors in all weather, except active lightning storms or other extreme conditions. Because our weather changes rapidly, rowers should assume practice will be held regardless of the weather and dress appropriately, unless they are told by a member of the coaching staff that practice has been cancelled.
Team size may be limited by our equipment and coaching resources, and safety consideration.
The first two weeks of practice in each season will serve as a try-out period. Any participant who is unable to continue in the program due to these restrictions after the try-out period will be refunded.
The Friends of Milton Crew Fall season participation fee is $725. Our fees cover only our operating costs including coaches’ salaries, regatta fees, gas for coaches’ launches, and local travel expenses.
Please visit our website for more information: Neponsetrowing.org
Questions? Email the Program Director, Jessica Burbridge at Burbridge_jessica@hotmail.com