A competitive high school rowing program for students in grades 9 - 12 attending Wayland and Weston public high schools. Wayland-Weston Crew is a varsity sport at both high schools and is offered in the fall and spring seasons.
Returning rowers: Registration deadline: March 13, 2020. Late fee $50 after this date.
New Rowers: Registration with WWRA for new members stays open through the season's start date (March 16) with no late fee but please check your school's deadlines for physicals and their registration, which you must also complete.
- First Day of Practice: Monday, March 16, 2020
- Weekly Practices: Monday-Friday 3:45-6:15, Saturday mornings (time tbd)
- Tuesday, May 26, Last day of practice
- Spring Fundraiser - May 2nd, 2020
- April 19: Harvard Henley Regatta - Bare Hill Pond VARSITY AND NOVICE
- April 24-26: Saratoga Invitational, Saratoga Springs VARSITY
- May 9-10: 14th Annual Lowell Invitational, Lowell VARSITY AND NOVICE
- May 16-17: Northeast Youth Championships, Lowell VARSITY AND NOVICE
- May 24: MPSRA Spring Championship, Lowell VARSITY, NOVICE, AND MIDDLE SCHOOL
- May 26: Last day of practice for the full squad. Rowers who qualify for youth nationals will continue to practice for that regatta after this date.
- June 10-14: ( qualifications required) USRowing Youth National Championship, Sarasota Fl.
It is the policy of Wayland-Weston Crew not to exclude anyone due to financial reasons. We recognize that crew is an expensive sport, and in keeping with our mission, we wish to provide the opportunity to participate to all who are interested. Please email Club President, Greg Dipietro firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTE before beginning registration process:
All registrants must complete an online waiver with US Rowing to be eligible to race in the regattas (required by the external regatta organizers). You will be asked later during the registration process to confirm that you have done this. Please visit the following website to sign the online waiver:
Enter club code EUZXC and follow prompts
Please take note of your child's US Rowing number.
1) You must also complete a second registration process with your high school. They are also on FamilyID.com, so this will be easy! Please visit your high school's athletics website for the link to FamilyID.com, or search for the high school on FamilyID.com directly.
2) Mail completed swim tests to: WWRA, PO Box 5508, Wayland, MA 01778.
3) Uniforms are purchased online, directly through the JLRacing store:
The store has the required varsity unis, and novice tanks and trous if you should need an extra (only one uniform is required). The store also has optional items like long sleeve shirts, tights, and splash jackets.
4) Attendance at all practices is mandatory. A missing rower disrupts the entire squad's practice and causes us to lose valuable practice time: either a boat cannot go out and/or lineups are mixed up. Please schedule all appointments outside of practice time. If you are ill or must miss practice, you must email your coach ahead of time. Failure to notify your coach before practice may affect your placement in a boat.
5) Registration limits. Team size is limited by our equipment and coaching resources, safety considerations, and our state and town permits. To the extent possible, Wayland-Weston Crew will not cut rowers from our program. However, if enrollment exceeds resources, the first two weeks of practice in each season will serve as a try-out period. Any participant who is unable to continue in the program due to these restrictions after the try-out period will be refunded. Evaluation criteria include, among other things, a positive attitude, full participation in workouts, and the ability to pick up the fundamentals of the rowing stroke.
6) April Vacation practice. Please note that we hold practices during April vacation, in keeping with the varsity sport requirements of both Wayland and Weston High Schools and is mandatory. This applies to varsity AND novice rowers. This week is an important time for training. The first weekend, juniors are allowed to miss practice in order to visit colleges but are required to be back at practice on Tuesday afternoon. Any regattas scheduled for this first weekend are OPTIONAL. Attendance Tuesday through Saturday may affect placement in boats.
7) Cancellation of practice. We practice in all weather except active lightning storms or other extreme conditions. Because our weather changes rapidly, rowers should assume practice will be held regardless of the weather and dress appropriately unless they are told by a member of the coaching staff that practice has been canceled.