BEAR RIVER HIGH SCHOOL
SCOTT SAVOIE, ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time with future registrations. Please use the following steps:
1. Select the registration form under the word Programs.
2. Login using the email address and password you created last season
3. Choose the sport
4. Click on "Add Participant Below or Click to Select" and pick your child's name
5. Update health and demographic information, if necessary
6. Sign-off on seasonal agreements
7. Save and Submit
Dear Bear River Parents,
On behalf of all associated with Bear River athletics, we would like to welcome you to our Bear River athletic family. Know that our primary commitment to you as parents is to provide an environment for your sons and daughters to fully develop their athletic and academic potential. Through practice, training and competition, we strive to provide a positive and supportive experience that will instill in each student athlete:
- A deep commitment to sportsmanship, values and personal integrity;
- Loyalty to Bear River High School and the ability to function with others as a team--, to learn to sacrifice for common goals;
- Appreciation for the benefits of hard work, motivation and perseverance in both winning and losing situations;
- Pride in accomplishments gained through fair and honest means.
Each student athlete has been provided a copy of our Athletic Code, which I would appreciate having you review with your son and/or daughter. I have summarized some of the code's key points and want to share with you a few of the more common issues that have arisen in the past. If after reading the code, you have questions, please don't hesitate contacting your son or daughter's coach, or in their absence, our athletic department for clarification, 530-268-3700 ext. 4819.
- Athletics is an extra-curricular activity, and viewed as a privilege; not a right. Student athletes are expected to represent themselves, their families and Bear River in a positive manner. -Student athletes must maintain a 2.0 GPA and have no more than one F to be eligible to participate.
- Student athletes must attend school ALL DAY to participate in practice or competitions. The athletic director or any administrator will be available to approve medical and other legitimate appointments. These requests should be made PRIOR to the appointment.
- In order to protect our students from harm and potential peer pressure, our school district requires that student athletes be subject to random drug tests. By law, “in-season" student-athletes names are randomly selected.
- As mentioned above, we believe that our student-athletes must represent Bear River High School, their team, community and families in a positive manner. In a circumstance where a student misbehaves, coaches have the authority to suspend or remove student athletes from the team for behavior that is deemed unbecoming a Bear River student-athlete. This includes "in or out of season" behavior--on or off campus.
- If a student violates the drug and/or alcohol section of the athletic code (J-5), the coach and administration will determine if they are to be immediately removed from the team or allowed to follow the 30 day "return to play" protocol. If the student is removed from the team, they must still complete an approved alcohol/drug diversion program before returning to athletic participation.
- Sexual harassment and tobacco issues will result in immediate school discipline. These items could result in suspension or removal from team depending on the circumstances.
As always, thank you for your continued support and PLEASE feel free contacting me at the number provided below if you have any questions if any of the foregoing requires clarification.
National Blue Ribbon School
California Distinguished School
Students MUST have medical insurance to participate.
If you have purchased Myers Stevens School Insurance, you MUST turn the forms in directly to the Athletic Office so that we have a record of your student being covered.
Myers-Stevens is a company that provides low cost medical insurance to students. Brochures for the 2019-2020 school year are available in the student store.
If you are interested in applying for this insurance you can go online to www.myers-stevens.com or contact Scott Savoie in the Athletics office by phone 530.268.3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.