Montgomery High School & Upper Middle School
2020 Spring Sports Sign-up & Registration Information
High School Spring Sports: Baseball, Golf (Boys and Girls), Lacrosse (Boys and Girls), Softball, Tennis (Boys), Track & Field (Boys and Girls)
Upper Middle School Spring Sports: Baseball, Lacrosse (Boys and Girls), Softball, Track & Field (Boys and Girls)
In order for your child to be cleared to participate on a sports team, the 3-step process detailed below must be completed. All team managers and statisticians need to complete steps 1 and 2 only.
Step 1 – Sign-up with the Nurse:
Spring Sports sign-ups with the School Nurse (MHS or UMS) will begin the week of Monday January 6th, 2020. Please ask your child to stop in the nurse’s office to pick up the appropriate form. The school nurse will give your child either the Physical Evaluation Form or the Health History Update Form depending on your child’s last sports physical date.
All Health forms are due in the nurse’s office by Friday February 21st, 2020.
All Physical Evaluation Forms must be reviewed by the school physician per NJ state law in order for your child to be cleared to participate. Please hand your forms into the nurse by the dates listed above to allow enough time for review and processing. Please do not wait until the due date to hand in your forms. Forms must be submitted directly to the school nurse. Forms are not to be handed into the main office, emailed, faxed or mailed to the school at any time. The health office will deliver the forms to the school physician for review.
A new Allergy Action Plan Form is required once per year ONLY if your child’s physician has prescribed an Epi Pen for your child’s allergy. The allergy action plan must be renewed by your physician each school year. Please note that your child will not be allowed to participate in athletics without a completed and updated Allergy Action Plan on file in the nurse’s office. This form can be accessed by going to the MTSD Athletic Departments website at: http://www.mtsd.k12.nj.us/Page/10963.
If you have any question concerning the health forms, please contact the following:
- MHS Nurses Office - 609-466-7602 x6514 or x6515
- UMS Nurses Office - 609-466-7603 x4500
- MHS Athletic Department - 609-466-7602 x6567
Step 2 - Register Online with FamilyID:
Montgomery Athletic Department uses the FamilyID athletic registration program. You must register for a team each sports season. Failure to register each season with FamilyID will prevent your child from being cleared to participate. The FamilyID program does not include the submission of the Physical Evaluation Form, the Health History Update Form or the Allergy Action Plan.
FamilyID sports registration for the 2020 Spring season will open on Monday January 6th at 6:00am and will close on Wednesday March 4th at 11:55pm for all UMS & MHS spring sports.
FamilyID Registration Process:
A parent/guardian must register by going to the FamilyID link below:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided above and click on the green “Programs” button.
- Select the 2020 Spring Athletic Registration link under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Sign Up/Log-in green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Sign Up. Click Log-in, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), Email address and password. Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your Email filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation Email, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
If you have any question concerning the FamilyID registration process, please contact FamilyID support at: 888-800-5583 x1 or email@example.com. Support is available 7 days per week M-F 8:00am-9:00pm & Sat and Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.
Step 3 - ImPACT Baseline Test (MHS Sports only):
The online ImPACT baseline test is required once a year during your freshman & junior years before the athlete’s first sport. If you are going to be in 9th or 11th grade or you are new to Montgomery High School, you will need to take the baseline test. If you are currently being treated by a doctor for a concussion, do not take the baseline test and see one of the Athletic Trainers ASAP. The ImPACT baseline test information can be accessed by going to the athletic departments website at: http://www.mtsd.k12.nj.us/Page/10963.
If you have any question concerning the ImPACT test, please contact the following:
- Athletic Training Office - 609-466-7602 x6556 or x6558
- MHS Athletic Department - 609-466-7602 x6567