Dear Parent and Guardians,
Below you will find important information to prepare you for the upcoming 2020 Fall Sports Season. In order to be cleared to participate with an Archbishop Carroll athletics team, a student-athlete and their parent/guardian must go through a registration/clearance process. This process allows us to collect all necessary PIAA forms, medical/emergency contact information, and relay all pertinent athletics department information.
This portal will be the online registration platform to facilitate the PIAA Clearance Paperwork. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT HARD COPIES. All hard copies sent to the athletics office will be mailed back. You will have to upload this Physical to the registration via Scan or Photo.
Timelines for Fall Athlete Registration:
- Football: Must be completely registered by Friday, August 7, 2020 (Start August 10th)
- Other Fall Sports: Must be completely registered by Friday, August 14, 2020 (Start August 17th)
** Below you will find the step-by-step process families can follow to make sure their athletes are cleared to participate this upcoming fall.
STEP #1 - CREATE A FAMILY ID ACCOUNT TO REGISTER YOUR STUDENT-ATHLETE/S:
1. Begin by going to jcarroll.org website and click on fall registrations under the athletics tab. You can also click the link below to access the registration.
- Registration: https://www.familyid.com/archb...
2. Click on Archbishop Carroll Fall Sports Registration- 2020.
3. Click on the Register Now button and go down to Create Account / Log In.
4. Create your secure Family ID account by entering the account owner first and last names (parent/guardian), email address and password.
5. Select I Agree to the Family ID Terms of Service.
6. Click Create Account.
7. You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.)
8. Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you into FamilyID.com.
STEP #2 – COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION/CLEARANCE PROCESS & UPLOAD YOUR PHYSICAL ON FAMILY ID:
Once your family ID account is active, you can now begin registering your student-athlete to complete the clearance process.
1. Start to fill out all fields on the registration form. Those marked with a red* are required to have an answer.
2. In the Participant Information Section, you will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your PIAA Section 6 Form.
a. This is where you will upload your PIAA Physical Page #6, signed by your doctor. Please see more information below.
3. Work down the rest of the registration form and click Continue when your form is complete.
4. Review your registration summary.
5. The Athletic Department will be checking the Family ID platform starting in late July. We will be officially approving athletes during this time. An athlete will be approved when registration is complete and an up to date Section 6 Form has been uploaded to Family ID.
· Information about your Doctor’s PIAA Physical Section 6 Form:
o Every athlete will still be required to have a doctor’s physical, which needs to take place AFTER June 1, 2020. Physicals dated before June 1, 2020, will not be valid.
o The doctor performing your physical will need to fill out Section 6 of the PIAA physical paperwork. You will need to print that form and bring it to the doctor on the date of your physician so that he/she can sign it once the physical is complete. Once complete and signed, this is what you will scan and upload to Family ID.
o Important: Only the official PIAA Section 6 form will be accepted for registration.
o Athletes who upload physicals on a different form other than the Section 6 form will not be approved to participate.
o There will be an additional tab to upload any other document that may be needed (I.e care forms for asthma, diabetes, conditions)
STEP #3 – ATTEND THE FALL PRESEASON INFORMATION MEETING:
On Saturday, August 15th, We will hold our Feast of the Assumption Facebook Live Mass @ 5:30pm. The fall preseason mass will not be held in person due to the COVID 19 Pandemic. All Fall Head Coaches will have a meeting with the athletic department once all protocols are finalized and approved. That information will then be relayed to you the parents via individual zoom meetings by team, with the head coach.