1. Parent & Student-Athlete must register into the Fall Athletic Registration '20-'21.
2. Parent must also submit the Fall 2020 - NJSIAA COVID Questionnaire [click here]
STUDENT ATHLETES and PARENTS/GUARDIANS:
Welcome to Saddle River Day School on-line athletic registration program. Completion of this online program is required for your child to participate in SRDS Athletics and to remain in compliance with the requirements of the (NJSIAA) State and (NJDOE) New Jersey Department of Education. Registration for all sports shall be completed online and submitted to the school before the registration deadline.
IMPORTANT: PRE-PARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EVALUATION ( Formally Part A )
- ***As required by the Scholastic-Athlete Safety Act, effective with the start of the 2015-2016 school year, the physical evaluation may ONLY be completed by a licensed physician, advanced practice nurse (APN) or physician assistant (PA) that has completed the Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment professional development module. It is recommended that you verify that your medical provider has completed this module before scheduling an appointment for a physical***
A New Jersey Athletic Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) which includes History, Physical Examination and Clearance Forms, is partially completed and signed by a parent/guardian (History Form) and reviewed by the examining physician. The NJ Physical Examination and Clearance Forms are completed, signed and stamped by the examining physician. The school nurse must review and approve all completed forms prior to any athletic participation. A completed NJ Physical Evaluation will cover the athlete for one full year from the date it was administered. For maximum efficiency and convenience, you may now upload an image through the online program for the PPE – or return a paper hard copy to the school medical office to complete this procedure
- Student athletes must have a current physical (within 365 days), on file in the nurse's offices in order to participate in SRDS athletics. If the student's physical expires during the season, they will not be able to play until a new physical exam is received.
- The NJ Pre-participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) form may now be submitted online (Image Upload within this form) or via hard copy delivery.
- You may download the PPE form here, or to the right of this form in the Links section: PPE Form Download
Per the State of New Jersey and the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act
With the passage of the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act, New Jersey has set the standard by requiring that thorough evaluation be conducted for the silent cardiac abnormalities that may lead to the sudden death of a student-athlete. The below requirements are mandated by the state of New Jersey without exception to participate in athletics for the 2020-2021 school year.
Requirements for Participation in High School Athletics
A student-athlete would be eligible for participation in athletics ONLY IF they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- (PPQ) COVID-19 Pre-Participation Questionnaire is a prerequisite to begin workouts and must be filed online with the SRDS Health Office by Monday, August 10th (the sooner, the better). To complete the PPQ online: https://www.familyid.com/saddle-river-day-athletic-registration/fall-2020-njsiaa-covid-19-questionnaire-7
- (PPE) Physical Evaluation Form (pdf form available here). This form must be printed, filled out, and signed by your physician and returned to SRDS Health Office prior to August 10th. https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1594138456/saddleriverdayorg/ln3hgpz8coeoaxrguxnw/athleticphysicalsform.pdf
- (HHQ) Health Update Questionnaire is embedded in the SRDS Family ID Registration Program. This must be filed with the SRDS Health Office prior to August 10th. All of the State Health Update Questionnaire requirements are included in your registration.
Required Forms for Participation:
*Please note that (a), (b) and (c) are mandatory for medical clearance and athletic participation, depending when the student/athlete's last full yearly physical was completed.
Thank you for completing our NEW online program for athletic registration for your child's athletic participation during the school year. This registration will be considered in addition to your child's academic record and his or her physical examination and/or updated health history information to ensure that he/she is eligible for participation. The registration process is not complete until the Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form (PPE) and the seasonal consent/health update form (HHQ), are submitted electronically or in person to the SRDS Medical Center Office and approved by the school nurse and athletic director.
If you need any assistance on filling out this online form, please contact FamilyID at 781-205-2800 x 1, Monday-Friday, 8am - 9 pm, Saturday 10a - 6p and Sunday 12p- 8pm.
DATES / DEADLINES:
Approximate Season Timeline: August 17-November 6
Registration/Submission of forms may begin on: July 13
Medical Forms/Acknowledgements are due by: August 7
Approximate Season Timeline: November 16-March 12
Registration/Submission of forms may begin on: October 19
Medical Forms/Acknowledgements are due by: November 9
Approximate Season Timeline: March 1-May 22
Registration/Submission of forms may begin on: January 25
Medical Forms/Acknowledgements are due by: February 15