The North Reading School Department is pleased to announce the continuation of a Before School Childcare Program for students at the Batchelder, Hood, and Little Elementary Schools on days when school is in session. Please note, this program is not available for Pre-K students.
We are pleased to report that beginning with the 2020-21 school year, the Before School Childcare program will begin at 7:00 a.m. at each elementary school. Children may be dropped off any time after 7:00 a.m.
In order to ensure the program will continue to cover its costs, there will be a small increase in rates for the 2020-21 school year. We have always worked hard at keep the rate of the program as low as possible and despite the below increase, North Reading’s rates continue to be among the lowest in the area for this service. We are happy to be able to address the requests of many and expand the program starting next year, as we hope this earlier drop off option will benefit many North Reading families.
The Food Services Department will continue to offer breakfast to those students in the program daily from 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. The breakfast includes both a grab and go style option as well as a la carte options daily. For more information on breakfast you may visit the Food Service page on the District website or click on the following link: https://www.north-reading.k12.ma.us/sites/northreadingps/files/uploads/elementary_breakfast_flier.pdf
7:00 – 8:20 a.m. @ BATCHELDER ELEMENTARY
7:00 – 8:45 a.m. @ HOOD & LITTLE ELEMENTARY
- $25/month for 1 day/week (one child)
- $50/month for 2 days/week (one child)
- $70/month for 3 days/week (one child)
- $85/month for 4 days/week (one child)
- $100/month for 5 days/week (one child)
- $37.50/month for 1 day/week (two children)
- $75/month for 2 days/week (two children)
- $105/month for 3 days/week (two children)
- $127.50/month for 4 days/week (two children)
- $150/month for 5 days/week (two children)
- $50/month for 1 day/week (three children)
- $100/month for 2 days/week (three children)
- $140/month for 3 days/week (three children)
- $170/month for 4 days/week (three children)
- $200/month for 5 days/week (three children)
Tuition payments are due on the fifteenth day of the previous month. If you plan to enroll your student(s), the first tuition payment (for the month of September) is due by August 15, 2020. Please also note that tuition is charged regardless of attendance. If tuition payments fall more than 1 month behind, we reserve the right to withdraw your child(ren) from the program. The charge for more than one child enrolled will be 50% of the regular tuition rate. (Example: $100.00/mo for 1st child + $50.00 for second child = $150.00/month for both children). Families needing to use the Before-School program on a per diem basis will be charged $10.00 per day/per child and will need to complete an application which can be found in the Business Office.
- Payments can be made through Unibank (our online banking system) or you can pay by check. Cash payments cannot be accepted.
- If paying by check, please make payable to: NORTH READING PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Checks can be sent into the program with your child or mailed to:
NORTH READING PUBLIC SCHOOLS
189 PARK STREET
NORTH READING, MA 01864
ATTN: Rosaly MacKillop
The program is staffed by school department personnel primarily composed of paraprofessionals.
Nursing care is not available during the before school child care program.
Activities include board games, reading, writing, puzzles, recreational games, crafts and videos.
Please contact the school your child(ren) attend(s) and the Business Office to let them know of your intent to withdraw your child(ren).
The Before School Child Care program operates only when school is in session. We are closed when school is closed. We factor these days into the tuition. There are no refunds or reductions in tuition due to school being closed. Therefore, there is no fee charged for the month of June. However, if you enroll into the program after April 1st you will be charged for the month of June.