This sports registration program is for Northampton Area High School (NAHS) and Northampton Area Middle School (NAMS) students interested in signing up for a fall sport during the 2020-21 school year.
FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides students and families with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When students and families register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of their information in a FamilyID profile. Students enter their information only one time regardless of the number of activities and events they participate in.
Improved Sports Sign Up Procedures Points of Emphasis:
The following forms will now be submitted electronically to the NAHS athletic office using FamilyID:
- NASD Interscholastic Athletic Secondary Insurance and Injury Memo (Important 2020-21 Changes)
- NAHS Athletic Department Personal Data Form
- NAHS Extra and Co-Curricular Code of Conduct Consent Form
- SLUHN HIPAA Privacy Authorization Form
- PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE - Section 1-4)
All information that used to be completed on the PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE - Section 1-4) will now be submitted online with the exception of Section 5 (Health History) & Section 6 (Physical Examination Certification). Section 5 (Health History) & Section 6 (Physical Examination Certification) must be completed on paper and submitted to the NAHS athletic department at fall physicals in order to receive a free evaluation or following a scheduled physical evaluation with a personal physician. Upon completion, the NAHS athletic trainers will upload Section 5 (Health History) & Section 6 (Physical Examination Certification) into each respective student FamilyID account. All online registration information must be completed and students must have a completed PIAA CIPPE Form Section 5 & 6 in order to obtain a school physical.
For those who need paper copies of Section 5 (Health History) & Section 6 (Physical Examination Certification), please click here.
Sports Physicals Points of Emphasis:
Due to increased social distancing measures, St. Luke’s Physician Group, Inc. will be offering free PIAA state mandated physical examinations for all prospective fall athletes for SLUHN affiliated schools at Coca-Cola Park on:
Wednesday, June 24th, 2020 from 2-8pm
Thursday, June 25th, 2020 from 2-8pm
Saturday, July 11th, 2020 from 9-2:30pm
All Northampton Area High School prospective athletes are encouraged to attend one of these free offerings. Students must pre-register. Walk-up appointments will not be accepted. Students must wear a mask. Event is rain or shine. Please take CIPPE Form Section 5 and 6 with you to Coca-Cola Park.
Address: Coca-Cola Park, 1050 Ironpigs Way, Allentown, PA 18109
- Examination Requirements
- Please wear a mask
- Please wear eyeglasses or contacts for vision examination
- Please wear loose clothing
- Do not wear jewelry
- Physical Evaluation Important Notes
- Representatives from NASD, including our athletic trainers, will be in attendance to assist our student-athletes during our allotted time slot.
- Physical examinations offered on this date will not include testicular examinations. Discussing this with your family physician is highly recommended.
- If you choose not to receive a free school district physical evaluation on this date, you will be responsible for completing all necessary registration requirements (FamilyID Registration & PIAA CIPPE Form Section 5) and for scheduling a physical examination with a licensed physician who must complete PIAA CIPPE Form Section 6. PIAA CIPPE Form Section 5 & 6 must then be submitted to the NAHS athletic office in order to participate on the first day of practice.
Fall Sports ImPact Testing of Emphasis:
All athletes in the Northampton Area School District must have a valid ImPact baseline test in our system prior to participating in practices and team activities.
All 7th, 9th & 11th grade students, transfer students and/or new students are required to complete a new ImPact baseline test annually before participating in practices and team activities.
Fall ImPact Baseline Tests are now available online for students to complete in a quiet and controlled setting at home. Please contact Jorge Perez to receive a personalized link to complete your ImPact test today.
Please contact Jorge Perez to receive your link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Sports Important Dates Points of Emphasis (subject to change):
- V/JV Football Registration Deadline: Thursday, August 6, 2020
- Fall Sports Registration Deadline: Thursday, August 13th, 2020
- First Day of V/JV Football PIAA Heat Acclimatization: Monday, August 10, 2020
- First Day of Fall Practices: Monday, August 17, 2020