Winter sports information from the Athletic Director -
During our remote period, members of the Blue and Gold Cohorts will be allowed to combine and form teams. Currently all ConVal High School winter sports programs would participate in a competitive limited regional NHIAA sanctioned schedule. Any ConVal High School athlete who participates, must sign a COVID waiver (interscholastic competition of high and medium risk sports would require no competition of club sports except at the discretion of administration). The athlete as well as siblings or household members would be required to learn remotely until after their final competition, followed by a 14 day quarantine before they can return to in-person learning.
The following timeline was approved by the NHIAA’s Executive Council:
- 11/30/20-12/11/20: Phase 1 and Phase 2 conditioning/skills and drills activities for all sports
- 12/14/20-1/10/21: Team practice sessions
- 1/11/21: First date to play games
This plan will be re-evaluated prior to and during these dates if COVID cases increase in our area.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Athletic Director, John Reitnauer (email@example.com).
If an athlete is due to take an impact test or have an updated physical -
Impact tests will be available after school in CVHS Room 650 during your cohort week until 3 PM or the athlete can take the impact test online by emailing Chris, Athletic Trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Physicals can be faxed to 603-371-0393
Please note - Not obtaining clearance by 11/30/20 could result in missing some or all of Try-Outs
A MESSAGE TO ALL STUDENT-ATHLETES, SPECTATORS AND PARENTS:
We urge you to support CVHS Athletics by:
• Attending sporting events
• Lending positive support to our teams and coaches.
• Encouraging all players without regard to their role on the team.
• Helping other spectators and parents to maintain an appropriate sportsmanlike attitude.
• Showing respect for the authority of the game officials.
• Enjoying the ConVal High School athletic experience