The information to be submitted to participate as described in this packet, including the completed medical evaluation, must be dated after APRIL 1st, 2020 for this to be valid for the 2020-2021 school year. (due to COVID issues we have encountered, an athlete will be allowed to use the 2019-2020 physical that is on file with the athletic director. This will only be for this school year 2020-2021)
All forms excluding the IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical must be completed via Family ID.
WHEN SIGNING THE CODE OF EXPECTATIONS AND THE LAKE CENTRAL SCHOOL CORPORATION EXTRACURRICULAR/DRIVING CONSENT FORM YOU ARE COMMITTING TO THESE POLICIES FOR THE REMAINDER OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL COMMITMENT.
Please remember the following:
*For current information about the IHSAA PPE Consent form guidance click here
1. A nurse practitioner may perform the physical, but a MD or DO must sign the physical.
2. A parent/guardian must sign the physical.
The student Athlete must sign the physical.
3. A student must get a WHITE CARD to participate:
White cards are issued when all forms are properly completed via Family ID and the IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical is given to the ATHLETIC COORDINATOR by the ATHLETE during passing periods; your athlete will then give the white card to to their coach, indicating the athlete is cleared to participate.
4. A post April 1st physical is good for the entire school year, but a white card must be obtained from the athletic coordinator for each sport the athlete participates in.
5. Any full time Student is Eligible to Participate who:
a. Is enrolled and passing subjects totaling 5-credits. PE class does count as one of the credits toward eligibility. In core classes, passing is a D-.
b. Has completed and submitted this participation packet to the athletic office.
c. A student-athlete must also be passing subjects as stated in letter a. above at the end of a semester in order to be eligible for the following grading period.
d. Meets all attendance requirements.
e. Has paid all athletic participation fees.