The information to be submitted to participate as described in this packet, including the completed medical evaluation, must be dated after APRIL 1st, 2020 for this to be valid for the 2018-2019 school year. All forms excluding the IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical must be completed via FamilyID.
WHEN SIGNING THE CODE OF EXPECTATIONS AND THE LAKE CENTRAL SCHOOL CORPORATION EXTRACURRICULAR/DRIVING CONSENT FORM YOU ARE COMMITTING TO THESE POLICIES FOR THE REMAINDER OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL COMMITMENT.
Please remember the following:
For the current information on the IHSAA PPE consent form guidance for the 2020-21 school year click here
1. A nurse practitioner may perform the physical, but a MD or DO must sign the physical.
2. Both parents must sign the physical (IHSAA-page 4).
a. Parents who are legally separated must both sign the physical.
b. If parents are divorced and have joint custody both parents must sign the physical.
3. WHITE CARDS: When all forms are properly completed via FamilyID and the IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical is returned to the athletic office your athlete will receive a white card to give to their coach, indicating the athlete is cleared to participate.
4. A post April 1st physical is good for the entire school year, but a white card must be obtained from the athletic office for each sport the athlete participates in.
5. Any Fulltime Student is Eligible to Participate who:
a. Is enrolled and passing subjects totaling 5-credits. PE class does count as one of the credits toward eligibility. In core classes, passing is a D-.
b. Has completed and submitted this participation packet to the athletic office.
c. A student-athlete must also be passing subjects as stated in letter a. above at the end of a semester in order to be eligible for the following grading period.
d. Meets all attendance requirements.
e. Has paid all athletic participation fees.