2020-2021 ST. JOHN BOSCO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC CLEARANCE INFORMATION
- Please read the following items very carefully before filling out and signing off on any of the documents listed below.
- All student-athletes who plan on participating in a sport or sports club during the 2020-2021 school year must complete all of the information listed below. This is to be done on an annual basis.
- Sports and Clubs offered at St. John Bosco
- Fall Sports (Cross Country, Football and Water Polo)
- Winter Sports (Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling)
- Spring Sports (Baseball, Golf, Lacrosse, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Volleyball)
- Club Sports (Ice Hockey and Rugby)
- If you need assistance with this registration, contact FamilyID at email@example.com or 1-781-205-2800 . Support is available 7 days a week.
REQUIRED FOR CLEARANCE
- All student-athletes are required to pass an annual physical examination performed by a medical doctor AFTER May 15, 2020. The completed form will be uploaded during this process.
- All student-athletes and parents must electronically sign off on all pages below AFTER May 15, 2020.
PROCESS FOR TURNING IN PHYSICALS FOR 2020-2021 - READ CAREFULLY
- This physical must be completed on a "Bosco" Physical form. This form is two pages. PRINT HERE.
- Physical must be signed by a Medical Physician and stamped by the hospital or clinic where physical was performed.
- All physicals for the 2020-21 school year must be completed AFTER May 15, 2020. Any physical completed BEFORE May 15, 2020 will not be accepted.
- St. John Bosco has traditionally hosted a "Physicals Day" on campus where student-athletes would be able to get their physical done on campus. Due to current COVID 19 stay at home orders and physical distancing requirements, this day cannot be set at this time. More information will follow. Questions regarding "Bosco physicals day" should be directed to Athletic Trainer, Ms. Melody Mohebbi. She can be reached for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562-920-1734 Ext 219
- If you cannot get an appointment with your regular doctor, we recommend MVP Family Practice and Sports Medicine. Please call for an appointment for a low price of $40.00.
- 7800 Florence, Downey, California, 90240. Phone: 562-928-5700
- Make sure to bring a hard copy of the 2020-21 Bosco Physical Form to the clinic. This form is two pages.PRINT HERE.
- NEW! Hard copies of physical with signature and stamp MUST BE UPLOADED as part of this registration. Follow the instructions in the "Physicians" section to upload your form. BOTH SIDES OF THIS FORM SHOULD BE COMPLETED, SIGNED AND UPLOADED IN THE PARTICIPANT SECTION BELOW. PLEASE KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
- Please do not upload other forms other than both sides of the completed and signed physical. Shot records and / or other officials school documents go through the registrars office, not through athletics.
MISC ITEMS REQUIRED, BUT NOT THROUGH FAMILY ID
EMERGENCY WHITE CARDS
All student-athletes must have an emergency white card filled out (front and back) and on file with their coach so they can be treated if injured when away from St. John Bosco High School. Emergency White Cards will be handed out at parent meeting or can be picked up at the athletic office. See program head coach for emergency white cards.
BASELINE CONCUSSION TESTING
Pre-season concussion testing are required for some sports. Appointments will not be necessary. Student-athletes will be contacted for testing by Ms. Mohebbi and program head coach. If you have questions, she can be reached at email@example.com or (562) 920-1734 ext. 219
PLEASE CONTINUE WITH REGISTRATION