WASHINGTON MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETIC CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Complete this online student athlete clearance registration
2. Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) requires that prior to the first participation in interscholastic athletics, a student shall undergo a thorough medical examination and be approved for interscholastic athletic competition by a medical authority licensed to perform a physical examination. Attach a copy of the approved physical and medical history or bring to the WMS office.
Olympia School District policy requires that:
- Physicals are valid for 13 months from the date of the examination.
- Expiration dates occurring within a sport season shall require a new examination or the student will be held out of participation and competition.
3. Pay OSD Athletic Participation Fee ($60). Payment can be made online with a credit/debit card or in person with cash/check/card at our WMS office.
4. Pay any outstanding fines
5. All athletes who wish to participate in after school athletics must be covered either by a Student Accident Insurance Program or a separate insurance program. More details are included in the insurance area below.
6. Parents/guardians and student-athletes are responsible for filling out this form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & Coaches.
7. Students must meet OSD academic eligibility requirements - must have a C- or higher in all classes.