Before any student can participate in tryouts, the following requirements must be met:
- All students must turn in or fax their most recent sports physical (with written clearance for activities) to 802-882-1198, or to the athletic trainer's office. Physicals are good for 24 months from the date of exam. Students with expired physicals will not be permitted to participate in practices or games until a new physical is turned in.
- Documents and resources can be found on the Harwood Athletics Website, under the 'resources and documents' page. See link here Documents & Resources Here you will find the student-athlete handbook, physical forms, bus stops and the VPA calendar.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for filling out this form completely and ensuring that any any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department.
- There is concussion course available to student-athletes and parents interested in learning more about concussion injuries for free, found at this link: https://nfhslearn.com/?courseI...
- Student-athletes and parents/guardians must attend the spring sports meeting on March 7th at 6:00pm.
Please note the following important dates and deadlines for spring sports:
01/18/2019 - Spring sports registration OPEN!
03/07/2019 - SPRING SPORTS MEETING - Harwood Union High School auditorium at 6:00pm * Coaches, Parents, Athletes of middle school and high school sports.
03/08/2019 - Spring sports registration CLOSED!
03/11/2019 - Baseball & softball pitchers and catchers begin practice
03/18/2019 - High school spring sports practices begin - middle school programs will begin at a later date, TBD.
Practice and game schedules can be found at http://harwood.tandem.co/