Franklin Athletics Mission:
Franklin High School’s Athletic Department will provide student/athletes the opportunity to participate in a competitive athletic environment to build character, learn lifelong lessons, and develop into responsible, moral, and ethical citizens of our community.
Franklin Athletics Vision:
Participation in athletics at Franklin High School will encourage academic and social growth, while providing a safe, positive, competitive, and equitable athletic experience.
The role of the parent in the education of a student is vital. The support offered in the home is shown in the ability of the student-athlete to accept the many opportunities presented at school and in life.
There is a value system — established in the home, nurtured in the school — which young people are developing. Their involvement in classroom and other activities contribute to this development. Trustworthiness, citizenship, caring, fairness, and respect are lifetime values taught through athletics. These are the principles of good sportsmanship and character. With them, the spirit of the competition thrives, fueled by honest rivalry, courteous relations and graceful acceptance of the results.
As a parent of a student-athlete at our school, your goals should include:
• Realize that athletics are part of the education experience, and the benefits of involvement go beyond the final score of a game;
• Encourage our students to perform their best, just as we would with their classwork;
• Participate in positive cheers that encourage our student-athletes;
• Learn, understand, and respect the rules of the game, the officials who administer them and their decisions;
• Respect the task that our coaches face as teachers, and support them as they strive to educate our youth;
• Respect our opponents as student-athletes, and acknowledge them for striving to do their best, and
• Develop a sense of dignity and civility under all circumstances.
You can have a major influence on your student-athlete's attitude about academics and athletics. The leadership role you take will help you influence your child, and our community, for years to come.
We look forward to serving you in the year ahead, and appreciate your continued support.