A student has residential eligibility upon initial enrollment in:
1. The ninth grade of any CIF high school or;
2. Tenth grade of any CIF high school from ninth grade of a junior high school or;
3. Any CIF school as a member of an approved foreign exchange program as outlined in By-law 212.
Note: Any student "recruited" or "encouraged to attend" a school by anyone connected directly or indirectly with that school will lose athletic eligibility at that school. In addition, the school may be sanctioned by CIF.
No student, whose nineteenth birthday is attained prior to June 15, shall participate or practice on any team. A student whose 19th birthday is on June 14, or before is ineligible.
A student is scholastically eligible if:
1. The student is currently enrolled in at least 20 semester units of work.
2. The student passed at least 20 semester units of work at the completion of the previous regular grading period.
3. The student is maintaining minimum progress toward meeting the high school graduation requirements as prescribed by the governing board.
4. The student has maintained during the previous grading period a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average or a 4.0 scale, in all enrolled courses.
5. All incoming ninth grade students are eligible for participation through the first grading period.
Those students who were ineligible (or on probation) with grades in the eighth grade will enter the ninth grade on probationary status. This includes all students who were required to attend 8th grade summer school as a condition of promotion.