2019-2020 ST. JOHN BOSCO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC CLEARANCE INFORMATION
- Please read the following items very carefully before filling out and signing off on any of the documents listed below.
- All student-athletes who plan on participating in a sport or sports club during the 2019-20 school year must complete all of the information listed below. This is to be done on an annual basis.
- Sports and Clubs offered at St. John Bosco
- Fall Sports (Cross Country, Football and Water Polo)
- Winter Sports (Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling)
- Spring Sports (Baseball, Golf, Lacrosse, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Volleyball)
- Club Sports (Ice Hockey and Rugby)
- If you need assistance with this registration, contact FamilyID at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-781-205-2800 . Support is available 7 days a week.
REQUIRED FOR CLEARANCE
- All student-athletes are required to pass an annual physical examination performed by a medical doctor AFTER June 1st, 2019. The completed form will be uploaded during this process.
- All student-athletes and parents must electronically sign off on all pages below AFTER June 1st, 2019
PROCESS FOR TURNING IN PHYSICALS FOR 2019-2020 - READ CAREFULLY
- This physical must be completed on a "Bosco" Physical form. This form is two pages. PRINT HERE.
- Physical must be signed by a Medical Physician and stamped by the hospital or clinic where physical was performed.
- All physicals for the 2019-20 school year must be completed AFTER June 1, 2019. Any physical completed BEFORE June 1, 2019 will not be accepted.
- St. John Bosco will be hosting a "PHYSICALS DAY" on Saturday, June 22, 2019 with our team doctors in the athletic training room next to the pool. The time will be from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM. The cost will be $30.00. Bosco physical forms will be available on site. Questions regarding "Bosco physicals day" should be directed to Athletic Trainer, Ms. Melody Mohebbi. She can be reached for questions at email@example.com or 562-920-1734 Ext 219
- If you are unable to make it to the St. John Bosco Physical Day and / or cannot get an appointment with your regular doctor, we recommend the walk-up clinic, MVP Family Practice and Sports Medicine. They offer walk-up physicals for a low price of $30.00.
- 7800 Florence, Downey, California, 90240. Phone: 562-928-5700
- Make sure to bring a hard copy of the 2019-20 Bosco Physical Form to the clinic. This form is two pages.PRINT HERE.
- NEW! Hard copies of physical with signature and stamp MUST BE UPLOADED as part of this registration. Follow the instructions in the "Physicians" section to upload your form. BOTH SIDES OF THIS FORM SHOULD BE UPLOADED AND NOT BE TURNED INTO SCHOOL. PLEASE KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
MISC ITEMS REQUIRED, BUT NOT THROUGH FAMILY ID
EMERGENCY WHITE CARDS
All student-athletes must have an emergency white card filled out (front and back) and on file with their coach so they can be treated if injured when away from St. John Bosco High School. Emergency White Cards will be handed out at parent meeting or can be picked up at the athletic office. See program head coach for emergency white cards.
BASELINE CONCUSSION TESTING
Pre-season concussion testing are required for some sports. Appointments will not be necessary. Student-athletes will be contacted for testing by the Ms. Mohebbi and program head coach. If you have questions, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 920-1734 ext. 219
PLEASE CONTINUE WITH REGISTRATION