Central Valley is a member of the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) and our interscholastic athletic teams compete in the Greater Spokane League (GSL).
Participation in all CVHS activities requires:
- the purchase of a current year ASB Card ($35) to be paid at the CVHS Business Office
- completion of a CV High Athletics & Activities Information Card at the Business Office
Fees: Athletes must also pay the following fee prior to participation in games/contests. All fees are due at time of registration for Wrestling. For sports holding tryouts (Basketball & Gymnastics) the below fee is due immediately after tryouts conclude, and MUST be paid a full 24 hours prior to the sport's 1st competition.
- The CVHS Sports Fee is based on the student's Federal Lunch status: $70 (does Not qualify for any lunch price reduction), $40 (qualifies for Reduced lunch price), $10 (qualifies for Free lunch price). Contact the district's Nutrition Services Dept. to verify a student's federal lunch status. Lunch application forms are available at all district schools. (Note: The fee is also reduced to $10 for an athlete's 3rd sport in a given school year - reduced for their Spring sport registration).
Forms: Athletes and parent/guardian must read and agree to the following policies in FamilyID prior to participation in practice and games/contests:
- The Safety Guidelines for the sport selected for the season
- Concussion Guidelines Form
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Form
- CVSD Activities Code/Eligibility Statement
- Insurance coverage Agreement
Athletes must have:
- A current Physical on file that will not reach it's 2 year expiration date before the end of the season. Call school at 558-5100 to check date of a physical already on file at CV. Bring a copy of a current physical if transferring from another district.
- All students participating in athletics must have medical insurance coverage. Please list the name of your insurance company.