SELAH HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS
Win From Within
Welcome to the Selah High School Athletics. Here in the Selah High School athletic department we are deeply passionate about the following:
- Every student athlete has a positive and highly competitive athletic experience.
- Parents, students, and community members actively participate in athletic contests, events, and activities.
- Character education is the foundation of what we do! We will empower student athletes to become leaders both in school and the community. We want our student athletes to have fun, instilling belief, and preparing our students for the game of life.
FAMILYID: ONLINE REGISTRATION
We are going to a year round registration this year.
This will allow you to register your student for all three seasons in one place, thus saving you and (us) time. The following are just a few tips to make things easier.
- First off if you have forgotten your login or password, DO NOT create a new account. Please call FamilyID at 1-781-205-2800 . Keeping the same account allows your participants' information to follow him from year to year. If you create a new account your participant's information must be recreated.
- If your student is signing up for a sport that has summer activities you must register your student for that sport by 5/27/19. They must have a current physical. This includes summer tournaments and camps. There is no registration for individual summer tournaments and camps, just next years sports. No payments for 2019-20 sports will be accepted until after August 12, 2019.
- If you are filling this out in the Spring or Summer of 2019, make sure you put your participant's grade for the 2019-20 school year. Participant must be in grades 9-12 to participate.
- Enter your participant's name as you would like it displayed on certificates and awards. If you do not capitalize proper names they may show up on certificates and awards that way.
- You may edit your participant's choices if he/she decides to change/or not participate.
Fall Sports include:
- Girls' Soccer
- Girls' Swim
- Boys' & Girls' Cross Country
Winter Sports include:
- Girls' Bowling
- Boys' & Girls' Basketball
- Boys' Swim
Spring Sports include:
- Boys' Soccer
- Boys' & Girls' Golf
- Boys' & Girls' Tennis
- Boys' & Girls' Track & Field
Follow us on Twitter:
Selah Athletic Training Mission Statement:
The purpose of the athletic training room is to provide a high level of service to the student- athletes at Selah High School. This includes prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries as well as direction of the nutritional, physiological and psychological needs of the student athletes. The certified and licensed athletic trainer, Courtney Peart, will provide these services, with objectivity and genuine concern for the health and healing of the student-athlete.
Injury Reporting and Care of Injured Athletes
As an athletic trainer, it is my goal to keep every athlete safe and prevent injuries. However, there are inherent risks with playing any sport and sometimes injuries just happen. If your child becomes injured during a Skyline sport or activity, it is highly recommended that they come to the athletic training room for evaluation and treatment prior to seeing a doctor. This can potentially save you the time and money that comes along with a doctor's visit, as well as decrease missed participation time. Of course, you have every right to seek whatever medical care you see fit for your child.
Communication is a vital part of providing the best care to your child. I will do my best to communicate with you about any injury your child may sustain. However, some injuries are not severe enough to warrant an email or phone call home. In the event I think an injury warrants a referral to a physician or your athlete will be missing more than 3 days of practice, I will contact you by phone to discuss the injury. If your child is treated by a physician, a note from that doctor must be brought to me prior to returning to participation. Notes must clearly state diagnosis/injury, clearance status or return date, and physician name and contact information.
Athletic Guidelines For Grades K - 8 @ Karl Graf Stadium
Here at Selah High School we are pleased to offer many sporting events and extracurricular activities at Karl Graf Stadium. Our hope is to have as many students and community members at our events as possible. We strive to ensure that all of these events are fun, enjoyable for all, and most importantly, safe for all spectators and competitors involved. To accomplish this goal, we ask that you please follow these simple guidelines below as it relates to our children in grades K-8 that attend events here at the high school:
- ALL K-5 students must be accompanied by an adult
- Please leave all balls at home. They become a safety issue with a crowd our size.
- The stadium and high school grounds are not the place for running and rough-play
- The grass hill is reserved for picnic-style seating. Please avoid rolling or running on the hills.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR REGISTRATION