Dear Piedmont Families,
We are excited about our continued partnership with Family ID, a secure online registration platform for all Piedmont athletic registration and clearance.It provides a secure, confidential and efficient way to clear our high school students for sports participation.
Family ID registration is mandatory for your child to be cleared to practice and added to the sports roster of their choice. Your athlete will be added to the roster after accurate registration (Medical Authorization Form has been in the last 365 days) and an updated roster will be sent to the coach. If your child is not on the roster, that means they have not been cleared by the athletic department and will be unable to practice.
Please note, you only have to complete this process once for all of the sports your child intends to participate in throughout the year. Annually, each athlete will need to re-register and upload their Medical Authorization Form. If you have any difficulty registering, please call FAMILY ID SUPPORT: firstname.lastname@example.org 1-781-205-2800 . They are really helpful and can answer most questions.
LET’S GET STARTED - Online Registration at Family ID
INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER YOUR STUDENT ATHLETE:
- List of all sport(s) your child plans on participating in for the 2019 - 20 school year.
- Contact information for 2 emergency contacts
- Your child’s physician's name and contact information
- Your health insurance information
- Name and dosage of medication your child may take
- A digital copy (image or scanned PDF) of your child’s Medical Authorization Form signed by a physician (you will upload)
- For carpool drivers or any who wish to drive other student athletes: a digital scanned and uploaded copy of your drivers licence and insurance
STEP 1 - Create an Account on Family ID
Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Piedmont Highlander Registration Introduction and click on the rectangular, lime green “ Create Account” button and create an account.
STEP 2 - Complete the Online Registration
Complete the entire registration form - it is one long form.
STEP 3 - Submit Medical Authorization Form
Remember to upload a digital copy of your completed and signed Medical Authorization form. Please do not bring forms into the office.
(previously referred to as the Pre-Participation Physical Examination form)
Finally, I wish to thank you for your patience and cooperation as we transition fully into our new athletic registration system on Family ID. The athletic program would not be possible without parent participation and support. I appreciate you taking the time to complete your Family ID registration. This new process will allow the athletic department to be more effective and efficient in ensuring that your child has the best and safest educational athletic experience possible.
RETURNING STUDENT ATHLETES
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time with future registrations. Please use the following steps:
1. Select the registration form under the word Programs.
2. Login using the e-mail address and password you created last season
3. Choose all sports athletes with to participate in
4. Click on "Add Participant Below or Click to Select" and pick your child's name
5. Update health and demographic information, if necessary
6. Sign-off on seasonal agreements
7. Save and Submit
If you have registered, but are going to upload your athletes medical form at a later date, follow these modified steps:
- Log in
- Click on the Registration Bar at the top of the page
- Click Edit to the right of your athletes registration tab
- Upload medical form
Athletes who are participating in Winter and Spring sports, should have the above items completed by the date of the first practice.
Questions and Tech Support:
FAMILY ID SUPPORT: email@example.com 1-781-205-2800 . 5am-6pm M-F and 6am-5pm Sat-Sun.
Alphonso Powell, Director of Athletics
Piedmont High School