- Academic Eligibility: athletes who have an F in any class are not eligible to participate in interscholastic games until the grade(s) is brought up to a D. If once they make a team and their grade drops below a D, they may attend the second half practices for their sport but need to be seeking academic support during the first 45 minutes of practice. It is highly recommended that they are enrolled in ICAN or homework supports until 4:30 then attend the remaining practice time.
[Even though WIAA policy states that a student may participate with one (1) F during an athletic season, we hold our Sacajawea students to a higher standard and expect them to make their academics a priority]
- Practices will be in the morning before school.
- Coaches will provide specific practice/game calendar with more detailed information at the start of each season.
In addition athletes must:
- Pay their ASB fee of $10.00. Participants may not participate in events until this fee is paid. This helps cover the cost of travel, uniforms, and other costs associated with this school activity. If this is a hardship please see your counselor
- Maintain passing grades in all classes (see academic eligibility section above).
- Must return all issued team uniforms. If uniforms are not returned a fine/fee will be placed on the student account and the student will not be issued another uniform for any sport until returned or the fine is paid. Replacement Fees
When traveling off campus for performances , the district requires all participants to travel to and from these events on district transportation. Only the parent/guardian of a student be allowed to take their child from a school sponsored event. Parents will not be able to transport students other than their own.
Drill Team Directors:
Angela Smith 354.5502 AngelaSm@spokaneschools.org
Nancy Nicholas 354.5448 NancyN@spokaneschools.org
Athletic Secretary, Tracy Van Halderan, 354.5445 email@example.com
Athletic Coordinator, Peter Ellis, at PeterE@spokaneschools.org