- Academic Eligibility: athletes who have an F in any class are not eligible to participate in interscholastic games until the grade(s) is brought up to a D. If once they make a team and their grade drops below a D, they may attend the second half practices for their sport but need to be seeking academic support during the first 45 minutes of practice. It is highly recommended that they are enrolled in ICAN or homework supports until 4:30 then attend the remaining practice time.
[Even though WIAA policy states that a student may participate with one (1) F during an athletic season, we hold our Sacajawea students to a higher standard and expect them to make their academics a priority]
- Practices:. This is a CLUB sport only. There will be no games/travel vs other schools. This clubs purpose is to introduce & learn the basics of the game of tennis.
- Practices run every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 7:30am. - 8:30a.m. Meet in the gymnasium every morning. Bring a racquet if you have access to one. We do have some available otherwise.
In addition athletes must:
- Pay their ASB fee of $10.00. Athletes may not participate until this fee is paid. This helps cover the cost of equipment, uniforms, and other costs associated with school activities. If this is a hardship please see your counselor
- Maintain passing grades in all classes (see academic eligibility section above).
- Must return all issued team uniforms. If uniforms are not returned a fine/fee will be placed on the student account and the student will not be issued another uniform for any sport until returned or the fine is paid. Replacement Fees
Athletic Secretary, Tracy Van Halderan, 354.5445 firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Coordinator, Peter Ellis, at PeterE@spokaneschools.org