ARTS & REC 2018
The Umbrella Community Arts Center has partnered with the Concord Recreation Department Summer Camp to offer a ½ Day Arts Program combined with a ½ Day Recreation Camp!
Children begin the day with Concord Rec (9:00am–12:30pm) for activities that include archery, free swim, swim lessons, sports and games, and more. Then join The Umbrella (12:30pm– 4pm) for lunch and an afternoon of creative exploration in Drawing & Painting, 2D and 3D Mixed Media, Ceramics, Performing Arts, Digital Arts and Film Making, Arts & Environment, Woodworking/Workshop and MORE!
Students enrolled in ARTS & REC will participate in some of the “All-Camp Field Trips" and "Field Day" activities with the Concord Recreation Department on the days and weeks that they are scheduled.
Bus transportation is provided between Concord Recreation located at 90 Stow Street, Concord and The Umbrella Annex located at 57 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord.
This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.
AGES BY GRADE: Group A = K-2nd Group B = 3-5th
DATES and DEADLINES*
Week 1: July 9 – July 13 - Registration Deadline: Sunday, June 24
Week 2: July 16 – July 20 - Registration Deadline: Sunday, July 1
Week 3: July 23 – July 27 - Registration Deadline: Sunday, July 8
Week 4: July 30 – August 3 - Registration Deadline: Sunday, July 15
Week 5: August 6 – August 10 - Registration Deadline: Sunday, July 22
Week 6: August 13 – August 17 - Registration Deadline: Sunday, July 29
*PROGRAMS THAT ARE UNDER-ENROLLED WILL BE CANCELLED 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START DATE
FIELD TRIPS and FIELD DAYS: (All trips and events are subject to change.)
- Week 1: Thursday July 12 Field Trip, K-2 -Davis Farm Land - Full Day with Rec.
- Week 1: Thursday July 12 Field Trip, 3-6 - Tree Top Adventures - Full Day with Rec
- Week 2: Thursday July 19 Field Day,*, K-6 - Splash Day Crystal Entertainment - Regular Scheduled 1/2 Day
- Week 3: Thursday July 26 Field Trip, K-2 -Science Museum - Full Day with Rec
- Week 3: Thursday July 26 Field Trip, 3-6 - Boston Duck Tour - Full Day with Rec
- Week 3: Friday July 27 Field Day,* K-6 - Mike Pride - Regular Scheduled 1/2 Day
- Week 4: Thursday, August 2 Field Trip, K-2 - Southwick Zoo - Full Day with Rec
- Week 4:Thursday, August 2 Field Trip, 3-6 - White Water Rafting - Full Day with Rec
- Week 5: Thursday August 9 Field Trip - K-6 - Canobie Lake Park - Full Day with Rec
- Week 6: Thursday August 16 Field Day* - K-6 - Mike Pride - Regular Scheduled 1/2 Day
- Week 6: Friday August 17 Field Trip* - K-6 - Ice Skating Conway Arena - Full Day with Rec
*NOTE: A regular scheduled ½ day Rec and ½ day Umbrella.
**Week 6 field trip is on a Friday.
BEFORE June 1 = $475 / AFTER June 1 = $500
EXTENDED AM Option with Concord REC: $60 for 5 days. 7:30-9:00am
EXTENDED PM Option with The Umbrella: $60 for 5 days. 4:00-5:00pm
Household Discount: A tuition discount of 10% off each registration is available when two or more children are registered for the same week(s).
Tuition Assistance: A limited amount of tuition assistance is offered by The Umbrella through the Babette Newburger Art Education Fund to cover partial tuition costs for families in need. Families may also choose to apply for additional assistance from Concord Recreation after an initial award is granted from the Umbrella. Please note the Concord Recreation application is used for both.
LATE REGISTRATIONS: Registrations will be closed Monday (2 weeks) before the start of the any given week. Registrations after a deadline may be accepted on a space available basis with an additional fee of $25. Parents must contact The Umbrella office by phone or in person and be ready to make payment at the time of registration.
MORE INFORMATION AND CONTACTS:
For more info see: http://summercamp.concordma.gov/164/Summer-Camps
For more info see: http://theumbrellaarts.org/pro...
The Umbrella Annex
57 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord, MA 01742
PH: 978.371.0820 ext. 204
Concord Recreation, Hunt Recreation Center
90 Stow Street, Concord, MA 01742