Registration for winter high school and middle school athletics.
• The student athlete must be in the NJSIAA acceptable age range. The student may not have turned 19 years old prior to September 1, of any year. For freshman competition, the maximum age is 16 prior to September 1, of that school year.
• The student-athlete has 8 consecutive semesters of athletic eligibility as determined by his/her initial date of entry into high school.
• Transfer students – ie. Any student who was not an Clayton student for the entire previous academic year – may need a transfer waiver as determined by the NJSIAA regulations.
• Sports Physicals- The NJ Department of Education has stated each student who requires a physical must have the examination completed by the family physician or the school physician. The school's physical form must be signed by doctor and stamped by the doctor's office. (Board Policy 5141.3) All athletic candidates must have a physical examination completed by examining physician within 365 days prior to the start of the athletic season for that designated sport.
• The parents/guardians are responsible for filling out this form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & coaches.