**LATE REGISTRATION FOR SPRING SPORTS 2018** YELLOW CARD PROCESS!!
You may still register but your student athlete will need to come into the office immediately after school on Monday for a yellow card. A yellow card will only be issued if the athlete is cleared.
**ONLY ATHLETES WITH A YELLOW CARD WILL GET INTO PRACTICE/TRYOUTS**
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PROCESS TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY
- All student-athletes are required to meet WIAA eligibility standards to participate in sports at MSHS.
- Only registered and cleared athletes may participate in the first day of practice or tryouts.
- Athletes need to be cleared for each sport they play -- even within the same school year.
- Required WIAA contracts for Running Start and Home Based Students completed and turned in.
- All athletes must have a current physical on file in FamilyID or in the main office at MSHS.
- Physicals are good for two years and must be valid for the entire sports season.
- Physicals from the middle school roll-up to the high school for incoming freshmen.
- Unsure of the date of your last physical? Check Family Access under the Health Info tab (PC version only; the Family Access mobile version does not have this feature presently).
RUNNING START STUDENTS AND HOME BASED/ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION STUDENTS **New Requirement**
- WIAA required contracts for Running Start Students and Home Based/Alternative Education Students
- Contract must be completed and turned in before the first contest.
- Athletes are required to have adequate medical insurance.
- Need to purchase primary or supplemental medical insurance for your child? Affordable plans are available through the school district.
- Pick up forms at either campus or see the link on the right.
GRADES, BEHAVIOR, ATTENDANCE
- Athletes need to meet grade, behavior, and attendance expectations. See the Athletic Code.
- To avoid academic probation and miss playing time, athletes cannot have any failing grades or fall below a 2.0 in the prior semester, nor throughout the season.
- All outstanding school fines must be paid before the first contest.
- An annual ASB card is required along with a participation fee per sport of $200.
- Fees are due AFTER you make the team but BEFORE the first contest.
- Deadline to pay is Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Fees are payable online or at the Finance Window at either campus.
- Family Cap: A student's 3rd sport is free within a school year. The 4th sport and beyond is free for a family with multiple students participating within a school year.
- Financial assistance is available.
- We provide one-way buses for athletes to away games
- We rely on parent/guardian car pools to transport the students back home.
- The only exception to this is football and track where two-way buses are provided due to equipment requirements.