Welcome to the 2018 NHDI Summer Counselor-in-Training (CIT) Application.
There is no fee to apply to be an NHDI Counselor-in-Training (CIT). Applicants should be in the 9th grade in the fall of 2018 or older. We seek applicants who are skilled dancers and have past experience with NHDI programs. All CIT applicants should be interested in working with children and possess maturity, flexibility and a strong work ethic.
CIT responsibilities include:
- Making the camp a fun place to be, helping all attendees feel welcome and comfortable.
- Assisting with snacks, lunch, outside recess and clean-up at the end of each day.
- Helping to provide a safe, supportive, organized atmosphere for all campers.
- Helping campers resolve conflicts.
- Participating in dance workshops with your assigned group, and helping children to learn choreography.
- Being a positive, energetic role model to all campers.
- Assisting the Counselors and Directors as needed.
NHDI will have opportunities for CITs during the summer of 2018 at the two-week NHDI Summer Intensive in Marlborough, NH (July 30-August 10).
CIT is not a paid position. This is intended as an educational experience toward becoming a future NHDI Counselor, which is a paid position. CIT experience can help lead to future leadership opportunities at school, in extracurricular activities and in other employment.
CITs for the Summer Intensive will have an opportunity to participate in a special CIT workshop with National Dance Institute (NDI) teaching artist Dufftin Garcia. The dance that is learned during this workshop will be included in the final performance.