Theme: Art Explorers – Winter Olympics, Past and Present
At The Umbrella, we believe that everyone is an artist. We have designed our February Vacation Week, Art Explorers program with variety in mind to give students the opportunity to discover, explore, and experiment in the arts.
With the Winter of 2018 comes the Olympics! This year the Winter Olympics are being held in PyeongChang, South Korea and here at the Umbrella we are holding our own “ART Olympics”. Students will be inspired by the design, pageantry, heroism, history, culture and athleticism of the games and use their imaginations and creativity to explore these ideas.
Art Explorers – Winter Olympics, Past and Present will get the creative sparks going with hands-on projects in ceramics, arts and environment, drawing and painting, 2D and 3D mixed media, digital arts, performing arts and woodworking.
Join us, and let the art and games begin!
Early Registration Deadline: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Registration Deadline*: Sunday, February 11, 2018
Program Closed**: Monday, February 12, 2018
*All registrations and program forms are due by this date.
**Late Registrations may be accepted after the registration deadline on a space available basis if the schedules have not been completed and the staff to student ratios allow for additions to a specific age group.
Age Range: 5-10
Groupings, Morning and Afternoon Sections:
- RED: K-2nd Grade (Ages, 5-7)
- GREEN: 3rd-5th Grade (Ages, 7-10)
Programs: Drawing and Painting, Mixed Media, Workshop, Digital Arts, and Performing Arts
Half-Day - MORNING
Morning ONLY – 9am – 12:00pm. Includes two 90-minute classes one in Ceramics and the other in Arts and Environment. There is a 15min break for a mid-morning snack.
Half-Day - AFTERNOON
Afternoon ONLY – 1:00 – 4:00pm. Includes two 90-minute classes one in Ceramics and the other in Arts and Environment. There is a 15min break for a mid-afternoon snack.
NOTE: At The Umbrella (40 Stow Street) there is not a Full day option.
Cost: AM 1/2 Day / PM 1/2 Day
- Early: $180/$180
- Regular: $200/$200
- With Late Fees: $240/$240
The Umbrella’s February Vacation Week Program is taking place at two separate, distinct locations. Students must be dropped off and picked up at their specific program location at the designated times. There is no transportation for students provided by The Umbrella.
1. The Umbrella at the address, 40 Stow Street, Concord is where we will hold the program exploring the art subjects of Ceramics and Arts and Environment. Registration options will only include a ½ day morning OR ½ afternoon program.
2. The Umbrella Annex at the address, 57 Old Road Nine Acre Corner, Concord is where we will hold the program exploring the art subjects of Drawing, Painting, Mixed Media Sculpture, Performing Arts, Digital Arts, and Woodworking. Registration options for this location will include a ½ day morning AND ½ day afternoon program. Students registered for both the AM and PM programs at The Umbrella Annex will have a 30 minute break and will need to bring a NUT FREE lunch from home.
Please be aware that the total number of classes and rotations in the various program areas (drawing, painting, ceramics, workshop...etc.) will depend on the total number of students enrolled and how they divide into similar age groups (i.e. 5-6yrs, 7-8yrs, 8-10yrs, and 10-12yrs)
Parents should also note that if your child’s age group is under enrolled (fewer than 5), the group will be cancelled and students placed in either a younger or older age group depending on availability, and at the discretion of the Director.
Refund Policy Vacation Week Program: Tuition, less a $50 registration and processing fee, will be refunded if the request is made in person or in writing through day of the program registration deadline, Sunday, February 11, 2018. No refunds will be issued on or after February 12, 2018.