Dear Families and Students of Novato High, I wish to welcome you to our Athletic Programs whether you're a returning player or just beginning your athletic career.
In order to prepare for participation in league sport during the coming school year, you must complete the following forms and conditions prior to the first practice of the season. The first day of the Fall season is July 30 for Football, and August 13 for all other sports. Note that this is before the first day of school. If you wait until school begins, you may find that teams have already been chosen, so start now!
1. Complete this registration; Family ID serves as your legal consent to participate in NHS athletics. Parents/Guardians and Students must complete this registration together
2. Complete the Physician's Clearance Form when you attend your annual physical. Ensure your physical is scheduled and the corresponding form is dated between June 1, and July 30 in order to be cleared for the full academic year. The Physicians Clearance form is linked in FamilyID links on the right side of the page.
3. Complete a mandatory Baseline Concussion Test with Athletic Trainer Steve Dehart.. This free test must be completed once per school year. There are many dates available this spring and summer and you may sign up at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/.... You must bring a completed Baseline Concussion Testing Permission Slip form to your test, or you will not be permitted to compete the assessment. The form can be found linked at the right hand side of this page. More information regarding baseline testing is available on the Novato Athletics webpage ( http://www.novatohs.org/Athletics/concussion_testi... )
4. Save the date and attend the mandatory Fall/Winter Athletics Orientation scheduled for Saturday, August 25 at 10am. This event is for both parents and students an is a requirement to participate in NHS sports.
5. The Athletics programs at Novato High rely on the support of parents and community members. Each team relies on fundraising and donations to cover the cost of uniforms, buses, equipment, etc and without your support, our sports teams will not be able to compete. We encourage all of our families to Join Sports Boosters and make a contribution at any amount to the NHS Athletics Program. Boosters membership can be completed in this registration.
We look forward to seeing you on the courts, fields, and courses of Novato High School this Fall!