All Student Athletes are invited to develop a passion for baseball and softball by learning fundamentals in practices and games against other area parochial school teams, while learning and practicing core values. Practices will be 2 to 3 times a week starting around March 12.
Top Ten Reasons For Participation in School Athletics
1. Coaches are role models for student athletes.
2. Coaches are intentional and deliberately, directly and diligently teach values, life skills and positive youth development characteristics they want their student athletes to acquire.
3. Students who participate in school activities have a higher grade point average, less discipline problems and better school attendance.
4. Student athletes have a higher sense of school engagement and belonging than non-participating school students.
5. Positive Youth Development/Life Skills are developed.
6. Healthier behaviors or adopted by student athletes.
7. Positive Post High School Results are recognized.
8. Develop as Better Citizens.
9. Give your child the opportunity to discover what they are passionate about.
10. School athletics at St. Aloysius Gonzaga School have a great price value and practices are centralized at the school.