APRIL Vacation Week Art Adventures: GREEN WEEK! – April 17-20, 2018
Welcome SPRING and join us in celebrating and exploring – earth-friendly recycled materials through art making. Projects are aimed at building sustainable practices in everyday living.
Reduce, reuse and recycle...transform plastic parts, newspaper, cardboard, scrap fabrics, and recycled ceramics into art. Turn what some people call trash into beautiful art. Collect art materials from nature while exploring our local environment and learning about plants and animals. Students will have the opportunity to work in the mediums of Drawing & Painting, 2D and 3D Mixed Media, Ceramics, Performing Arts, Art & Nature, Woodworking, Digital Arts, and More!
Join us, and let the art adventures begin!
Early Registration Deadline: Saturday, March 31, 2018.
Registration Deadline*: Sunday, April 8, 2018.
Program Closed**: Monday, April 9, 2018.
*All registrations and program forms are due by this date.
**Late Registrations may be accepted after the registration deadline on a space available basis if the schedules have not been completed and the staff to student ratios allow for additions to a specific age group.
Age Range: 5-12 years; Grades K-6th
Groupings, Morning and Afternoon Sections:
- Red: K-1st Grade (Ages, 5-6)
- Green: 2nd-3rd Grade (Ages, 7-8)
- Blue: 3rd-5th Grade (Ages, 8-10)
- Purple: 5th-6th Grade (Ages, 10-12)
Programs: Ceramics, Drawing and Painting, Mixed Media, Workshop, Digital Arts, and Performing Arts
Half-Day - MORNING
Morning ONLY – 9am – 12:30pm. Includes three different one-hour art classes each day and a break for a mid-morning snack.
Half-Day - AFTERNOON
Afternoon ONLY – 1:00 – 4:30pm. Includes three different one-hour classes each day and a break for mid-afternoon snack.
Want your child to experience art ALL day? No problem! Just sign up for both the morning and afternoon sessions in your child’s age group. Full day students must be provided with a NUT-FREE lunch from home for the mid-day break 12:30-1pm.
Afternoon Extended Day 4:30-5:30pm
Continue your projects or start something new under the guidance of our extended day teacher. This option is to accommodate families who need the extra time to pick up children after work. Tuition $60 for the week.
Cost: AM 1/2 Day / PM 1/2 Day / FULL Day
- Early: $180/$180/$360
- Regular: $200/$200/$400
- With Late Fees: $240/$240/$480
The Umbrella’s April Vacation Week Program is taking place at THE UMBRELLA ANNEX (57 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord).
- The Umbrella Annex at the address, 57 Old Road Nine Acre Corner, Concord is where we will hold the program exploring the art subjects of Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Mixed Media Sculpture, Performing Arts, Digital Arts, and Woodworking. Registration options include a ½ day morning AND ½ day afternoon program. Students registered for both the AM and PM programs at The Umbrella Annex will have a 30 minute break and will need to bring a NUT FREE lunch from home.
- Please be aware that the total number of classes and rotations in the various program areas (drawing, painting, ceramics, workshop...etc.) will depend on the total number of students enrolled and how they divide into similar age groups (i.e. 5-6yrs, 7-8yrs, 8-10yrs, and 10-12yrs).
- Parents should also note that if your child’s age group is under enrolled (fewer than 5), the group will be cancelled and students placed in either a younger or older age group depending on availability, and at the discretion of the Director.
- Refund Policy Vacation Week Program: Tuition, less a $50 registration and processing fee, will be refunded if the request is made in person or in writing through day of the program registration deadline, Sunday, April 8, 2018. No refunds will be issued on or after April 9, 2018.