A Pay to Participate fee will be in effect for athletics, clubs, extracurricular/co-curricular, and intramural activities. The following are the guidelines:
- A fee will be charged for each athletic, club, extracurricular/co-curricular and activity up to the family cap.
- A $25 fee per student per non-athletic clubs and activities will be charged with a cap of $75 per family. These fees are in addition to any additional activity fees.
- Participants in the National School Lunch Program who have been awarded financial support will be exempt from these fees upon verification. Families experiencing financial hardship may apply for an activity fee waiver. Applications may be obtained online or by contacting the athletic director.
- Participation fees for non-athletic clubs and activities for the 2018-19 school year are due prior to participation in any club or activity.
- Pay to Participate fees not paid on-line should be paid by check or money order payable to S.B.C.S.D. Payment should be submitted to the Athletics Office.
- NO refunds will be given for a student who is injured after mandatory practices begin, becomes academically ineligible, removed for disciplinary reasons, or for students who quit the sport/activity after the fee has been paid.
As of April 2017, the school board has passed Policy #227.1 - Drug and Alcohol Awareness for Athletic Programs, Extracurricular Activities, and Student Drivers. This policy includes a baseline drug and alcohol screening and random drug and alcohol screening throughout the school year. This policy encompasses all students in grades 9 to 12 wishing to participate in any interscholastic athletic activity, any extracurricular activity, or those who meet the district’s guidelines to drive on campus and wish to obtain a parking permit. The policy includes those students being educated by the district under special circumstances, including home schooling. The district welcomes all referenced students, with the permission of their parents/guardians, to participate in the program. Those students who are not seeking privileges for parking, participating on athletic teams or an extracurricular activity will be considered voluntary participants.