CLEARANCE PROCESS TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY
- All student are required to meet WIAA eligibility standards to participate in activities at MSHS.
- Only registered and cleared students may participate in the first day of tryouts.
- Students need to be cleared for each activity they play -- even within the same school year.
- Required WIAA contracts for Running Start and Home-Based Students completed and turned in
- All Cheerleaders must have a current physical on file attached to this registration or in the main office at MSHS.
- Physicals are good for 2 years and must be valid for the entire cheerleading season.
- Physicals from the middle school roll-up to the high school for incoming freshmen.
- Unsure of the date of your last physical? Check Family Access under the Health Info tab (PC version only; the Family Access mobile version does not have this feature presently).
RUNNING START STUDENTS AND HOME BASED/ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION STUDENTS ***New Requirement***
- WIAA required contracts for Running Start Students and Home Based/Alternative Education Students
- Contracts must be completed and turned in before the first contest.
- Needs to be signed by Student, Parents, Counselor and Athletic Director
- Cheerleaders are required to have adequate medical insurance.
- Need to purchase primary or supplemental medical insurance for your child? Affordable plans are available through the school district. See the link on the right to purchase medical insurance.
GRADES, BEHAVIOR, ATTENDANCE
- Students need to meet grade, behavior, and attendance expectations. See the Athletic Code.
- To avoid academic probation, cheerleaders cannot have any failing grades or fall below a 2.0 in the prior semester, nor throughout the season.