Welcome to the 2018-2019 DSST: Stapleton Knights!
We are very excited to offer competitive sports after school for fall, winter, and spring seasons. Participating in sports is a great opportunity for students to develop their social and physical skills.
If your child signs up to play a sport, they are committing to the team and athletic program and will be held accountable to attend all practices and games, along with upholding our schools core values at all times.
**THINGS NEEDED TO TRY-OUT**
- Athletic Registration: Visit https://www.familyid.com/dsst-... to register for a sport online
- Upload a current physical to your Family I.D. registration or email a copy to email@example.com. No paper copies will be accepted.
- Physicals are good for 365 days from date of physical.
Fees can be paid at the Middle School Front Desk.
Must Be Eligible
ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY: DSST is a high performing academic school; and we want to prepare our students to be successful in their studies. As a result, we have put in place athletic eligibility policies based on student's grades and their behavior.
- If a student is failing one class, he/she cannot play in any games; but he/she is allowed to practice.
- If a student is failing more than one class, he/she cannot play or practice. Once the student has raised their grade, he/she may return to practice. o Eligibility will be determined once a week by the Athletic Director and/or the Middle School Director.
- If a student receives an In-School or Out of School Suspension during the week, he/she will be ineligible for a full week from the day it was served, including all practices and games. A second suspension will result in the loss of the privilege to play on the team for the remainder of the season and playoffs.
- If a student receives a College Prep or a Refocus on the day of a practice or a game, the student will not be able to participate and must serve the college prep or refocus. Violation of this rule will result in a one game suspension.
- If a student has Mandatory Tutoring, he/she has to report to tutoring prior to practice or a game.
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Director, Allan Scronce.