- Eligibility: students must complete the athletic registration process and submit a current physical (within 2 years) before they are eligible to attend practices. Students without a current physical will not be allowed to attend practice until one is submitted.
- Academic Eligibility: athletes who have an F in any class are not eligible to participate in interscholastic games until the grade(s) is brought up to a D. If once they make a team and their grade drops below a D, they may attend the second half practices for their sport but need to be seeking academic support during the first 45 minutes of practice. It is highly recommended that they are enrolled in ICAN or homework supports until 4:30 then attend the remaining practice time.
[Even though WIAA policy states that a student may participate with one (1) F during an athletic season, we hold our Sacajawea students to a higher standard and expect them to make their academics a priority]
- Practices will be in the morning before school.
- Coaches will provide specific practice/game calendar with more detailed information at the start of each season.
In addition athletes must:
- Pay their ASB fee of $10.00. Participants may not participate in games until this fee is paid. This helps cover the cost of travel, uniforms, and other costs associated with this school activity. If this is a hardship please see your counselor
- Maintain passing grades in all classes (see academic eligibility section above).
- Must return all issued team uniforms. If uniforms are not returned a fine/fee will be placed on the student account and the student will not be issued another uniform for any sport until returned or the fine is paid. Replacement Fees
When traveling off campus for performances , the district requires all participants to travel to and from these events on district transportation. Only after completing the “Parent/Guardian Driver Approval Form” by the parent/guardian will a student be allowed to leave a match with their parent/guardian. Parents will not be able to transport students other than their own.
Athletic Secretary, Tracy Van Halderan, 354.5445 firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Coordinator, Peter Ellis, at PeterE@spokaneschools.org