2017-2018 ST. JOHN BOSCO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC CLEARANCE INFORMATION
- Please read the following items very carefully before filling out and signing off on any of the documents listed below.
- All student-athletes who plan on participating in a sport or sports club during the 2017-18 school year must complete all of the information listed below. This is be done on an annual basis.
- Sports and Clubs offered at St. John Bosco
- Fall Sports (Cross Country, Football and Water Polo)
- Winter Sports (Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling)
- Spring Sports (Baseball, Golf, Lacrosse, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Volleyball)
- Club Sports (Ice Hockey and Rugby)
REQUIRED FOR CLEARANCE
- All student-athletes are required to pass an annual physical examination
performed by a medical doctor before they will be allowed to
participate on any athletic team or club. Chiropractors are not
- This physical must be completed on a "Bosco" Physical form, which can be downloaded from the school website (www.bosco.org) under the Athletics Clearance Icon.
- Physical also must be signed by an MD and stamped by the hospital or clinic where physical was performed.
- All physicals for the 2017-18 school year must be completed AFTER June 1, 2017. Any physical completed before June 1, 2017 will not be accepted.
- St. John Bosco will be hosting a "physicals day" with our team doctors in the athletic training room next to the pool on Saturday, June 24, 2017 from 8am - 12 Noon. The cost will be $25.00. Bosco Physical forms will be available. Questions regarding "Bosco physicals day" should be directed to Athletic Trainer, Ms. Melody Mohebbi. She can be reached for questions at email@example.com or 562-920-1734 Ext 219
- Hard copies of physical with signature and stamp MUST be turned in directly to our athletic trainer, Melody Mohebbi. Do not leave with front office. PLEASE MAKE A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
- New student-athletes and anyone that did not have concussion testing done last year will have to go through a pre-season baseline concussion test with our athletic trainer, Mrs. Melody Mohebbi. She will be taking appointments during the summer. See her contact info above.
- All student-athletes must fill out and return an emergency white card for traveling. White cards will be given out by head coaches or can be picked up in the athletic office.
- PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO REGISTER FOR OTHER REQUIRED CLEARANCE FORMS