ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY 2017-2018
DSST is a high performing academic school; and we want to prepare our students to be successful in their studies. As a result, we have put in place athletic eligibility policies based on student's grades and their behavior.
- If a student is failing one class, he/she cannot play in any games; but he/she is allowed to practice.
- If a student is failing more than one class, he/she cannot play or practice. Once the student has raised their grade, he/she may return to practice.
o Eligibility will be determined once a week by the Athletic Director and/or the Middle School Director.
- If a student receives an In-School Suspension during the week, he/she will be ineligible for a full week from the day it was served.
- If a student receives a College Prep or a Refocus on the day of a practice or a game, the student must serve the college prep or refocus first.
- If a student has Mandatory Tutoring, he/she has to report to tutoring prior to practice or a game.
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Director, De'Edra Dangerfield