FamilyID is seeking bright, articulate, detail-oriented applicants with a desire to join a world-class Product Team in our Lexington, MA office. Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
As Technical Product Lead, you are the gateway to our customer’s experience using the FamilyID online platform. This role is critical to our mission to deliver a superior product to our customers.
The Technical Product Lead is responsible for the prioritization, communication and execution of FamilyID's product roadmap. This full-time position reports to the Vice President of Marketing. This job requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who delights in delivering a superior product experience.
As Technical Product Lead you will own the release schedule of our technology platform, build airtight project plans, drive daily activities forward and actively keep stakeholders informed along the way. In addition, as a vital member of the product team, you will assist with inbound customer issues and contribute to the team as required.
You embrace the responsibility of being a lightning rod for feedback, listening to teams and prioritizing requests to maintain the right tempo of delivering features and functionality that deliver on the product vision to achieve larger objectives.
You understand the importance of seeing beyond the delivery of individual features on the platform, always ensuring the larger vision is realized and in line with market and business requirements.
In this role, you are an active listener and master storyteller, fluent in conveying technical concepts to non-technical constituents and acting as a translator so that different parts of the business can relate and understand the “what”, “why”, “when” and “how” behind the product vision.
The ideal candidate feels a deep sense of responsibility for delivering excellence and can work in harmony as the primary point of contact with the development team to execute on the product roadmap.
- Work closely with CEO, marketing, sales and customer support to prioritize the implementation of new features and functionality.
- Work with internal teams (marketing, support, sales) gather product requirements, identify customer needs and market gaps.
- Suggest product enhancements to improve user experience and reduce user friction.
- Liaise with the internal teams to ensure proper timing, communication and positioning of new features.
- Manage the release schedule for all deployments.
- Coordinate with software developers to deliver new functionality and improve user experience.
- Compile release notes and document product features and bug fixes.
- Create support and training documents for internal and external users.
- Create test plans and test cases, and coordinate testing activities with internal resources.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs and feature requests.
- Accelerate emergency issues with developers and help with customer response.
- Provide back-up help-desk/customer support and act as resource for escalated client issues as required.
- Maintain internal user system access and track employee use of company equipment.
- Train product team on new functionality and help develop internal/external documentation of new features/processes as it relates to software enhancements and changes.
- Lead resource for rest of the organization when deep product expertise is required.
- Excellence in execution – exceptional organizational skills, manages project budgets, schedules and timelines.
- Swift decision making – makes timely decisions based on facts, circumstances and needs, conducts scenario analysis when needed.
- Clear and Concise Communication – conveys information to all key stakeholders in both written and verbal formats, employs active listening.
- Technical competency – understands and integrates appropriate project management tools and processes and applies/obtains the necessary requisite subject matter expertise.
- Critical thinking – determines the validity of the project process, maintains project objectivity, applies ongoing analysis to projects.
FamilyID offers medical, dental and vision coverage. Full-time employees are eligible to receive six (6) paid company holidays, six (6) personal days and ten (10) days of Paid Time Off (PTO) annually, which is accrued on a weekly basis. In order to support our customers, vacation requests are not granted during peak seasons (August, November, February/March) unless special permission is granted.
- technical project management, QA and/or product: 2 years