Welcome! Please read the important message below from the SCHS Athletic Department before beginning!
- Important Note: This registration is to be completed by the student-athlete and a parent or guardian. Please ensure the correct person is signing each field and all information is reviewed together.
- This registration is valid for SCHS Athletic programs between July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
- Completion of these forms will gain athletic clearance for the 2020-2021 season once approved by the Athletic Director.
- We believe that participation in interscholastic athletics is a dynamic part of the total educational experience. It is our aim to make available the opportunity to participate in athletics to all students of Swain County High School. With this premise, the athletic programs of Swain County High School will be administered on the basis of educational values. These will include academic, attendance, and behavioral requirements, as well as adherence to North Carolina High School and National Federation of State High School rules. Within the framework of these regulations, the primary goal of athletic programs in Swain County Schools will be to provide for the growth and development of student-athletes in a positive atmosphere that natures a positive self-concept. Emphasis will be placed on the physical, social, emotional, and academic growth of each student-athlete. Our athletic programs will seek for each participant to reach his or her fullest potential as a high school student-athlete while always respecting the individual dignity of every athlete. We want to provide the best possible opportunity for our athletes to have a positive learning experience through interscholastic athletics.
- All Physicals must be completed by a medical professional and are valid for 365 days from the date of the examination and submitted to the Athletic Director. Please note that the NCHSAA/State Board of Education granted a 1-year extension for all physicals that were completed between the dates of 3/1/2019-5/1/2020. If your physical was performed prior to 3/1/2019 or if you do not have a physical, you must obtain a new one before being cleared to participate. Your doctor must use the NCHSAA Physical Form for your examination.
- If you have any questions regarding eligibility concerns or the registration process, please reach out to the Athletic Director.
- Please read over our SCHS Athletic Handbook for information about our programs, policies, and procedures as well as our SCHS Athlete Code of Conduct.
- Please register for all the sports that you plan to participate in this school year for each season (Fall, Winter, and Spring).
- Make sure to record your login information after you register to be able to update information throughout the season. This will allow our athletic department to have the most up to date information on our athletes as well as send updates through email.