It is the Purpose of the School Town of Highland to provide a sound program of interscholastic athletics to the students served by our district. We will always strive to organize and administer sound programs that benefit all student-athletes. It is also our purpose to provide programs and activities that make a positive impact on both our school and community.
The educational philosophy of the School Town of Highland provides the foundation for the program, the organizational structure and the existence of all extra-curricular activities for students. The athletic department offers a variety of
activities that may help students realize their maximum potential for physical, social and emotional growth. It is the purpose of this department to promote success and growth while always respecting others.
- We believe that interscholastic athletic competition should be an integral part of the total school program and serve as a reflection of the needs of students and the school community.
- We believe participants can be taught to win in a gracious manner and lose in the same fashion.
- We believe participants can find purpose in their school-work and carry that purpose forward in their lives as a result of a sound athletic program in the schools.
- We believe athletic competition provides real value for the student body and school community. We feel a sound athletic department based on a sound philosophy can improve school and community morale and become a positive outlet for energy and enthusiasm.
- We believe the welfare of the individual is always the primary concern. The competition exists for the student-athlete. The student-athlete does not exist for the game.
- We believe the community should realize that control of, and responsibility for athletics rests entirely with the administration of Highland High School, Highland Middle School and the School Town of Highland.
- We believe interscholastic athletics should furnish a recreational opportunity for the general public only insofar as a community is willing to see that programs are conducted solely for the benefit of the students served by our schools.