Spring Sports Start Dates:
Varsity and JV: March 13th
Modified Sports (7th and 8th grade): March 27th
Registration for all Varsity and JV Spring sports opens on February 13th and will close on March 9th.
Registration for Modified sports will open on February 27th and will close on March 23rd.
Students who do NOT meet the registration deadline may not be able to participate in the first few try-out/practices days.
NYS Education Department Guidelines for Interscholastic Sports requires that before each season (fall, winter, and spring); the student athlete must be medically cleared through their building Health Office.
- Physical Exam performed within the last 12 months by the student's private physician.
- Sports Clearance Packet obtained on-line or from the Health Office, consisting of:
- Athletes Standards and Consequences Form signed by both parent/guardian and athlete.
- Health History completed by parent/guardian.
- Clearance Card completed by parent/guardian.
WITHOUT A CLEARANCE CARD AND A COMPLETELY SIGNED ATHLETES STANDARDS AND CONSEQUENCES FORM THE ATHLETE MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SPORT.
Injury or Out-of-School Five Days or More Due to Illness:
- Medical clearance is immediately withdrawn.
- Student must submit a Clearance Letter to the Health Office from the attending physician which states that the student is medically ready to return to his/her sport. This letter must also include the diagnosis, treatment, limitations, and restrictions.
By New York State Education Law, the school physician makes the final decision whether a student resumes participation in interscholastic sports.