Piedmont Athletic Registration
We are excited to announce our partnership with FamilyID, a secure online registration platform for all Piedmont athletic registration and clearance. Family ID is used by many school districts and athletic conferences in our region. It provides a secure, confidential and efficient way to clear our high school students for sports participation. Parents/Guardians of all student athletes intending to participate in Piedmont High School athletics MUST complete this online registration process.
Please note, you only have to complete this process once for all of the sports your child intends to participate in throughout the year. Annually, you will only need to re-register your child and add an update Medical Authorization Form. Medical Authorization Forms Date of Examination MUST BE WITHIN THE LAST 365 DAYS and it must be uploaded to your account in order for your child to start their participation. Turning in a hard copy will not complete your registration, if you are having issues with uploading the medical authorization form please contact the athletic department.
INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER YOUR STUDENT ATHLETE:
- List of all sport(s) your child plans on participating in for the 2019-20 school year.
- Your child’s Piedmont High School Student ID #
- Contact information for 2 emergency contacts
- Your child’s physician's name and contact information
- Your health insurance information
- Name and dosage of medication your child may take
- A digital copy (image or scanned PDF) of your child’s Medical Authorization Form signed by a physician
Please complete the following steps prior to the first day of practice if your student plans to participate in a sport this year. If a student does not upload their medical form prior to the first day of they will need to go through the Athletic Department to be cleared. Turning in the Medical Authorization Form to the athletic department will not complete your registration, the athletic department is not responsible for lost or misplaced forms. All students who have not completed their registration with a completed Medical Authorization Form will not be allowed to participate until they are cleared by the Athletic Department.
LET’S GET STARTED- NEW STUDENT ATHLETES (If you are returning, please scroll down to re-registering steps)
STEP 1 - Create an Account on Family ID Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Piedmont Highlander Registration Introduction and click on the rectangular, lime green “Create Account” button and create an account.
STEP 2 - Complete the Online Registration Complete the entire registration form - it is one long form.
STEP 3 - Submit Medical Authorization Form Remember to upload a digital copy of your completed and signed Medical Authorization form.
STEP 4 - Make a Donation to Support Student Athletics Please log into the Piedmont Store at http://piedmontstore.com and donate to the Coaches’ Stipend Fund. If you have already made your donation during online registration. you can choose: Donation made at online registration.
STEP 5 - Await Athletic Clearance Email or Notification For More Information Athletic Clearance will be granted by email after the Athletic Department verifies that all registration information is complete and your current school year medical clearance form is on file. You will also be notified by email of any missing or incomplete information.
LET’S GET STARTED - RETURNING STUDENT ATHLETES
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time with future registrations. Please use the following steps:
1. Select the registration form under the word Programs.
2. Login using the email address and password you created last season
3. Choose all sports athletes wish to participate in
4. Click on "Add Participant Below or Click to Select" and pick your child's name
5. Update health and demographic information, if necessary
6. Sign-off on seasonal agreement
7. Update Medical Authorization Form, if needed
8. Save and Submit
If you have registered, but are going to upload your athletes medical form at a later date, follow these modified steps:
- Log in
- Click on the Registration Bar at the top of the page
- Click Edit to the right of your athletes registration tab
- Upload medical form
I appreciate you taking the time to complete your Family ID registration. This process will allow the athletic department to be more effective and efficient in ensuring that your child has the best and safest educational athletic experience possible.
Alphonso Powell, Director of Athletics
Piedmont High School