The mission of the NCHSAA is to provide governance and leadership for interscholastic athletic programs that support and enrich the educational experience of students.
The NCHSAA will be the national model for developing and inspiring greatness through interscholastic athletic experiences.
Core Values and Beliefs
Core values and beliefs are shared among the stakeholders of an organization. Values drive an organization's culture and priorities and provide a framework in which decisions are made. The core values and beliefs are the principles that guide the association.
- Sportsmanship following the rules of the game, respecting the judgment of referees and officials, treating opponents with respect, respect for one's opponent and graciousness in winning or losing
- Integrity consistency of actions, values, methods measures, principles, expectations and outcomes - the truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions
- Fair Play shared interpretation of the rules, the equal treatment of all concerned, sticking to the agreed rules, not using unfair advantages
- Honesty uprightness and fairness, truthfulness, sincerity, or frankness, freedom from deceit or fraud. To consistently seek and speak the truth
- Respect a positive feeling of esteem for a person or other entity and specific actions and conduct representative of the esteem
- Equity fairness, just and right, equitable treatment of all, dealing fairly and equally with all concerned
- Fair Competition competitors within a competition should have similar performance potential and performance strength
- Development of Student-Athletes participation in athletics should aid in the physiological and psychological development of the student-athlete