Hello parents, guardians, and student athletes,
Fall registration is now open on Family ID. As 2020 continues to be an unusual year there are some different procedures to follow. Summer practices with your team require registration to be completed by July 6th. Students will need to be cleared for both the summer workout period and again for the official start of the Fall season in August. Teams not having summer sessions will need to be registered by July 31st. Some changes are highlighted below, however details will be shared as team groups are created and practices scheduled.
Phase 1 of Summer Practice Sessions will begin on or about 7/13
- Registration must be completed by July 6th for teams gathering for phase 1
NJSIAA requirement: Student-athletes who have pre-existing medical conditions and/or are immunocompromised (e.g., diabetes, asthma,auto-immune disorders, etc.) shall provide written clearance from a medical doctor (MD/DO) before he/she will be permitted to participate in workout.
- Asthma-any type.
- Students that were on medical as we transitioned to virtual learning and were unable to provide the district with a clearance note to return to PE/Sports.
- NJSIAA requirement: Student-athletes who have pre-existing medical conditions and/or are immunocompromised (e.g., diabetes, asthma,auto-immune disorders, etc.) shall provide written clearance from a medical doctor (MD/DO) before he/she will be permitted to participate in workout.
- The note will be collected at the screening area.
- You will be contacted via email if written clearance is required.
- Indoor sports are not included in Phase 1
- The building will be closed
PPE (Sports Physicals) for FALL official start
There is legislation pending, which would eliminate the need for a physicals prior to fall sports participation for certain student-athletes.
- It is highly recommended that student-athlete get an appointment with his/her medical doctor as usual; where possible.
- If the physical extension bill passes, student-athletes will still need to get an exam but by end of the fall season.
- If there is no physical currently on file from the 2019-2020 school year within the district a physical will be required and approved by the district physician.
- Collection of physicals will be determined at a later date; please hold all paperwork until further instructions are provided.
Impact testing is still a requirement of participation, codes will be sent to those required to baseline this year
Please join your team’s google classroom as well as the athletic training room’s if you haven’t already so we can disseminate additional information. You can find forms and additional information at:
- the links section in Family ID.
- on google classroom posts.
As you might understand in these circumstances everything is subject to change. You may receive this email more than once as we send it out on as many platforms as possible, sorry for any inconvenience.
NJSIAA statement July 10th update
Stay well, sincerely,
Middletown Public Schools