DEADLINE DATES FOR THE 2018-2019 School Year for Sports and Intramural Activities at the High School, Middle School and Lloyd Road
April 16th, 2018: The Family ID link will open. You can register your student athlete for the summer programs.
June 1, 2018: Deadline to hand in physical paperwork to Lloyd Road Nurse for all 5th Graders going to MAMS in the Fall, 2018.
June 5th, 2018 Deadline for ALL sports paperwork to be received at the High School or Middle school in order to participate in any SUMMER camps and Clinics. This includes Marching Band and Color Guard. The link to Family ID will be closed for all Summer Sports and not be available to sign up for all Summer Sports after June 5th. Paper work for SUMMER participation will not be approved after the last day of school. At that point your student athlete must wait for the start of the fall season to be approved for participation if the physical is handed in after June 15, 2018. Therefore your student athlete will not be eligible to participate in any summer practices.
July 5, 2018 The Family ID link will REOPEN for Fall sport. We will be accepting physicals from your primary care physician at this time but your student athlete will not be eligible to participate in a fall sport until they are cleared after August 3rd.
August 3, 2018 Deadline for all Fall Sports and Intramurals. The Family ID link will CLOSE and will not be available to sign up for a Fall Sport or Intramural after this date.
October 2, 2018 Family ID link will be OPEN to register for Winter Sports at the High School and Intramurals.
November 6, 2018 Deadline for all Winter Sports Intramural . The Family ID link will CLOSE and will not be available to sign up for a Winter Sport or Intramural after this date.
January 16, 2019 Family ID link will be OPEN for Spring Sports and Intramurals.
February 20, 2019 Deadline for all Spring Sports Intramurals. The Family ID link will CLOSE and will not be available to sign up for a Spring Sport or Intramural after this date.
All physical packets and permission forms should be submitted to your child's school nurse. Please do not give it to the front office, a teacher, coach or counselor.The mission of our athletic programs and co-curricular clubs is to promote the intellectual, physical and moral development of students, within a positive, enjoyable and rewarding environment! It is the intent of the Matawan Athletic Program to provide the students of the middle school and high school a comprehensive, well-planned, balanced interscholastic program, and to show how the students can benefit from participation in this type of activity.
The program shall be managed and teams coached in a manner to achieve the following objectives:
- Promote individual and team desire for excellence, while emphasizing that interscholastic sports are kept in perspective and that the first priority for all student-athletes is intellectual and emotional growth.
- Encourage enjoyment of competition, a desire to win, and a healthy attitude toward winning and losing.
- Develop the self-confidence and self-respect of each team member.
- Develop the specialized talents, skills, and physical fitness of each participant.
- Develop attitudes and skills that foster teamwork, cooperation, loyalty, and spirit.
- Develop the highest degree of sportsmanship, sense of fair play, and respect for coaches, game officials, and especially fellow athletes, both teammates and opponents.