MARBLEHEAD HIGH SCHOOL
Engage every person, every day.
Communicate clearly and with purpose.
Analyze, organize, and evaluate information.
Honor people, place, and time.
Navigate your opportunities; chart your future.
MHS Learning Expectations
STUDENT ACADEMIC EXPECTATIONS
The following is a list of expectations for students who attend Marblehead High School.
Achievement of these outcomes will be attained through participation in a wide variety of student programs activities offered at our school.
CRITICAL AND ANALYTICAL THINKING SKILLS
Read actively and critically in a variety of genres and subjects
Analyze and evaluate information
Demonstrate an ability to select, organize, and develop ideas
- Utilize, evaluate, and apply multiple problem solving strategies in a variety of disciplines
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION Students will...
Communicate ideas and information with clarity and understanding of audience
Integrate the use of a variety of communication forms
Listen effectively and critically and respond appropriately to spoken communication
- Demonstrate a master of standard English convention
21st CENTURY LEARNING Students will...
- Understand and utilize technology as a tool to research, organize, evaluate, and communicate information
- Use digital technologies, communication/networking tools and social networks appropriately to access, manage, integrate, and create information to successfully function in a knowledge based societ
- Apply a fundamental understanding of the ethical and legal issues surrounding the access and use of information technologies
- Create a plan for post-graduate education and/or training
CIVIC AND SOCIAL EXPECTATIONS Students will...
- Accept responsibility and consequences for their actions and demonstrate honesty, fairness, and integrit
- Show respect for themselves and other
- Appreciate diversity and act responsibly as a member of the community by participating in school and/or community service
- Understand fundamental wellness and fitness concepts and the skills which foster healthy behaviors