Lowell High School provides a secure and cooperative environment where the emphasis is on mutual respect, curiosity, free exchange of ideas, and appreciation of education both as a process and a means to betterment.
Lowell High School Mission Statement:
Lowell High School provides a secure and cooperative environment where the emphasis is on mutual respect, curiosity, the free exchange of ideas, and the appreciation of education both as a process and a means to betterment.
We are a community…
- That values a curriculum incorporating the best practices of both traditional and contemporary instruction.
- That creates and supports an atmosphere promoting high expectations for student achievement.
- That strives to meet the needs of a variety of ethnic and language backgrounds, career interests, and learning capabilities and styles by providing a broad range of programmatic offerings.
- That believes student accomplishment is a shared responsibility of students, parents, staff, administration, school committee, and community.
- That provides all students the curriculum to meet school and state graduation requirements, and assesses learning continuously in a variety of ways including mandatory state testing.
Lowell High School Vision Statement:
Since 1831, Lowell High School, the first co-ed high school in the United States, has played a central role in shaping the dream of its young residents through a solid educational program. Over the years, the City of Lowell has been tremendously supportive of its high school, including funding a $40 million renovation of the facility.
Despite its size, the school boasts a remarkably close-knit learning community, where difference is embraced as a life lesson. Lowell High School is invested deeply in developing young people who possess tolerance, integrity, and a lifelong love of learning. Lowell High School graduates have gone on to become presidential candidates, congressmen, actors, authors, entrepreneurs, church dignitaries, military generals, doctors, professional sports stars, opera stars and television and radio personalities.
Lowell High School is committed to helping all its students succeed. It has strengthened its traditional educational program by introducing innovative offerings such as the Latin Lyceum, an exam school offering a classical education to academically gifted students, and other specialized academies. Lowell High School continues to recruit the finest teachers, to integrate cutting-edge technology into its classrooms, and to renovate its buildings and sports facilities. The school also offers dozens of clubs and championship sports teams.
Lowell High School offers a solid educational program with support from public funding. Because private funding is needed to take the school to the next level, the school is launching its Campaign for Educational Excellence. Private funds offer the potential to attract talented, creative, supportive resources. Moreover, this funding will create permanent scholarships that launch successful futures for Lowell's most deserving students. Special project and teaching enhancement funds will provide competitive grants to teachers for innovative class projects, stipends for visiting scholars and guest performances, and special departmental initiatives. With these permanent supports in place, Lowell High School will attract students who would otherwise attend private schools. As part of the Campaign for Educational Excellence, you can continue a legacy of excellence for the future of our students, our school, and our city.